GCW-ZERO - Open Source Gaming Console
Full control gaming
- Handheld gaming system for console and PC games
- Designed with open source games in mind
- Built for gamers by gamers
Want to play all kinds of games on just one device? Look no further than the GCW-Zero. It's retro handheld gaming built for gamers, by gamers. Run games from NES, SNES, GBA, Sega, PlayStation, PC and a whole lot more too numerous to mention. The GCW-Zero runs on Linux, so a huge library of open source software is already available to run on it. Install any application, change the operating system if you want, it's all up to you.
The Zero is serious about being an alternative to the gaming consoles you've become accustomed to, and mobile games you can't quite get into. Ditch the touchscreen device and return to your roots. The full set of gaming controls includes a responsive D-pad, an analog nub, two shoulder buttons and tilt controls. Plus, the 1Ghz processor and 512Mbs of RAM mean you've got power to play with.
The GCW-Zero does not come with any emulator software pre-installed. It's a blank canvas for you to create your own gaming masterpiece with. If you are new to this kind of platform we suggest you do some research before you dive in. A great place to do this is the Dingoonity Forums, endless existing information and a large community of GCW enthusiasts who will help you through just about anything. This platform/device is constantly evolving and changing so you might need to put in a bit of effort to figure things out. If any of this scares you, then you may want to reconsider your purchase.
- Open source handheld gaming device
- Choose from black or white
- CPU: Ingenic JZ4770 1 GHz MIPS processor
- GPU: Vivante GC860, capable of OpenGL ES 2.0
- Display: 3.5 inch LCD with 320x240 pixels; 4:3 aspect ratio is ideal for retro gaming
- Operating system: Linux 3.x (OpenDingux)
- Memory: 512 MB DDR2
- Internal storage: 16 GB, most of which is available for applications and data
- External storage: micro SDHC up to 32 GB or micro SDXC of 64 GB (SDXC cards must be reformatted before use)
- Battery: 2800 mAh
- Connectivity: Mini USB 2.0 OTG
- Mini HDMI 1.3 out
- 3.5 mm (mini jack) A/V port for earphone and analog TV-out
- Audio: Stereo speakers, mono microphone
- Other: Accelerometer (g-sensor) and vibration motors
- Wireless: Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n 2.4 GHz, can connect to access point or direct device-to-device
- Dimensions: 143 * 70 * 18 mm
- Weight: 8 oz / 225 g
- Quick Start Guide can be found HERE
- Included in the box:
- GCW-ZERO Console
- 6ft HDMI to Mini HDMI Cable
- 2ft USB to Mini USB Cable (for data or charging)
- USB to Mini USB Dongle
- AC adapter
- 6ft AV Cable
- Console carry pouch
Wanna chat about it?
Have questions about GCW-ZERO - Open Source Gaming Console or your order? We monitor these comments daily, but it may be faster to email us directly or call us at 1-888-GEEKSTUFF.