Bright Idea - USB-Powered Light Bulb
Shed some light on the subject
- Light bulb powered by USB
- Great for situations where you need just a bit more light
- Glows in the dark when not plugged in
There are a lot of USB-powered devices that aren't terribly useful. See: USB Humping Dog, USB Pet Rock, USB Squirming Tentacle. They're all, shall we say, ornamental. Like rhinestones on a phone case, they're purely decorative additions to your space, which is just what you need sometimes.
However, this USB-Powered Light Bulb won't ever fall into that category. See, when it's plugged into a USB port it gives off a frosted, soft blue light, and when it's not it glows in the dark.
It's perfect for working late at night. Sure, your laptop is backlit, but sometimes it's not just the screen you need to see. And the shiny, adjustable cable is definitely artsy and clever. Plug it into an iGeek or a similar charger and have your own portable, crazy-looking lamp. It'd be great around a pool or at an outdoor venue where you need light for a little while but may not have a convenient outlet.
- Light bulb powered by USB (gives off a frosted, soft blue light from an LED)
- Glows in the dark when not powered
- Compatible with all standard USB ports
- Adjustable gooseneck arm is 9 1/2" of shiny metal
- Good for considerate roommates (inconsiderate roommates need not apply)
- Materials: Plastic? Resin? Not glass, at the very least.
- Dimensions: 2 1/2" wide x 2 1/2" deep, 9 1/2" cable
- It's basically the size of a standard incandescent bulb, although the base is a bit smaller.
- Weight: just over 2 oz.