True Blood Designer Fangs
Don't like True Blood? Bite me.
- Custom-molded True Blood fangs for true fans
- The sort of costuming you can really sink your teeth into
- Removable and reusable
You can get fangs for your True Blood costume at your local party store. Trick is over-the-counter fangs are cheap. Plastic, stick-on things that fall out the second you smile for a photo. Hardly the intimidating look of an immortal. But more than that, they're made incorrectly for vampires hailing from Bon Temps, Louisiana. True Blood fans know vampire fangs should be extra narrow and long, plus they go on the incisors, not the canines.
That's why we picked up this set for True Fans. The company that makes these has been perfecting this methodology for almost 20 years, which involves molding a non-toxic thermoplastic to the teeth behind your fangs so that they are custom fit to your own mouth and fit snugly.
- It may take more than one heating to get the fit right. We recommend you create your fangs several days before you plan to wear them, and try them on a few times. The fitting process takes around 30 minutes. Wear them for 10 or 15 minutes to make sure they don't rub sensitive spots in your mouth. Melt the plastic and refit them if they do.
- Insert your fangs at least 30 minutes before you go to your event. This allows your mouth time to get used to them, and lets you apply some benzocaine if there's a spot where they rub despite your best efforts. Be sure to practice speaking in them so you can avoid lisping. Unless that's what you're going for.
- Estimate your size by using candy corn. Many candy corn are about the same size as the Large fangs (13/16" - but measure your candy to be sure). Stick a candy corn in your mouth over your incisors. Is it poking the bottom of your gums uncomfortably? You probably need a medium. Does the top of your incisor show around the candy corn? You probably need the X-Large.
- True Blood Designer Fang kit lets you make vampire fangs custom fit to your mouth
- Officially-licensed HBO True Blood product.
- Removable and reusable
- Materials: Alpha One Thermoplastic, non-toxic (will not harm dental work)
- Do not drink hot beverages while wearing. Thermoplastic.
- NOT FOR customers with dental plates, wire work, or braces
- Eating food is not recommended while wearing.
- Length of fang:
- Medium 3/4"
- Large 13/16"
- X-Large 7/8"
- Made in the USA
Wanna chat about it?
Have questions about True Blood Designer Fangs or your order? We monitor these comments daily, but it may be faster to email us directly or call us at 1-888-GEEKSTUFF.