Das Horn Drinking Vessel
This is where we keep our drinkular wessels
- Holds 24 oz. of grog (or your libation of choice)
- Looks like animal horn but is actually BPA-free ABS plastic
- Perfect for Vikings or casual reenactors
When you attend a Renaissance festival, there are a few anachronisms that ruin a patron's well-meaning costume. Now, we are not the Garb Police. We're not talking about using a sewing machine for buttonholes and other such details that may be appropriate for castmembers or costume contests. And we're not talking about watches or phones. We're in the modern era, and both watches and phones are necessities for patrons. Watches tell you what time you need to be at which stage. And how are you expected to meet up with friends amongst 20,000 wandering fairegoers if you don't have a phone?
Our two pet peeves are
- Wearing athletic shoes. These folks go all out with the rest of the costume and hope that people will cut off their feet in the photo or something. Feet still count!
- Drinking out of the disposable cup. Many festivals are sponsored by a soda company, so you'll be standing in your gorgeous costume, a cup of Slurm prominently displayed in your hand.
We're here to help eradicate the second problem with the Das Horn Drinking Vessel. Drinking horns have been used by various cultures since antiquity. In fact, Wikipedia tells us that they're in a feast scene in the Bayeux Tapestry. Sure, bits of the Das Horn are modern: it's made from BPA-free ABS plastic with a stainless steel rim. Cheers to you for not using an animal's horn. It has a nylon neck strap, which can be easily replaced to hang from your belt. And if you just want it for around the house or for celebrating your Viking Berserker character's critical hits, it comes in a box reminiscent of a single malt with a clean plastic stand that sets it off nicely.
- Das Horn Drinking Vessel
- Perfect for the Viking in your life or your casual reenactment enthusiast
- Comes with neck strap and display stand
- Display stand: plastic, 6 3/4" tall
- Neck strap: nylon, 15" drop, 32" total length, attaches with D rings
- Stainless steel rim is engraved with "Das Horn" - take it to an engraver to get it personalized
- Capacity: 24 oz. (!!!1!)
- Materials: BPA-free ABS plastic with a stainless steel rim
- Dimensions: 3 3/4" diameter, 13" long
- Not intended for use with hot liquids!
- Dishwasher safe (although we assume it should be a warm and not hot water cycle)