over9000 Compact 2.1 Amp USB Car Power Adapter
- Charge any 5v USB-compatible device in your car
- Spoofs connection so any device will charge
- Can revive a drained iPad in minutes
When cruising down the highway on your next road trip you're going to have more room for snacks and beverages. Why, you ask? Because we're gonna introduce you to the over9000. See, right now, if you want to charge everybody's gadgets in the car, you need their proprietary car chargers. Otherwise, you could end up with no charge... or worse, a dead device when other chargers don't play nice.
over9000 was designed by ThinkGeek's GeekLabs department to charge any USB-compatible device, including iPads and iPhones. Here's how it works: Connect your device to a USB cable. Connect that USB cable to the over9000 and plug it into your car's power (aka cigarette lighter). The over9000's data chip will spoof the connection necessary for your device to charge happily. It will also disable the USB charger in case of power surges or other problems, keeping your device safe.
Other cool features:
- A 3.0 amp spike capability can bring a completely dead iPad battery back to life.
- The power switch lets you keep over9000 connected without drawing power from your older car's battery if it's not running.
- The cool blue glow of the over9000's LED means you can plug in without having to turn on the dome light.
- Low profile design keeps the charger out of the way.
On your next road trip, leave everybody's car chargers at home and just bring a USB cable and the over9000.
- Charge your mobile device in your car with this adapter
- Works with your own USB cable
- Ultra low profile design with easy pull handle
- Built in smart chip spoofs a data line connection for devices that do not allow 3rd party chargers
- Tested and proven to provide maximum power, most other chargers will only provide 1000mAh or less
- Smart Chip monitors both the charger and connected device for safe charging
- Front power switch with blue LED
- DC input: 12v
- DC output: 5v @ 2.1 amps - can temporarily spike to 3.0 amps
- Compatibility: Standard size USB port for charging smartphones (iPhone & Android!), tablets, mobile phones, cameras, mp3 players, and various other USB chargeable devices
- Note: Do not fear the 2.1 amp output! Your device will only draw the power it needs to charge properly. You can safely connect any 5v chargeable device to this USB adapter