I understood that reference!
Because it's nice to gather with fellow geeks in the chilly embrace of air conditioning.
Hail and well met, my dudes!
You're browsing the internet one summer night from the comfort of your air conditioned apartment outside of DC. One of those nights where you can REALLY tell that you live in the Swamp - the air is sticky and thick, even the mosquitos won't brave it. As you scroll, eyes idly tracking through your feed - WAIT! that's a cute dog gif, okay, continue - you come across a listing that grabs your attention. "ThinkGeek Trivia Night on 8/17/2017!" it reads, your finger halted in its unending scroll. "Yes..." you think to yourself, "yes, that will do just fine." You click through, registering for tickets before they can sell out. Distracted by the allure of a night of air conditioning, delicious beverages, and geekery, you don't notice the creeping Goblin behind you until it's too late. ROLL FOR INITIATIVE!
Want to know what happens next? Join us on Thursday, August 17th for Geek Trivia Night at Jammin' Java in Vienna, VA.
Make sure you roll well for INT, because we're going to Knowledge Check you at every turn! From Star Wars, to DnD, to physics - no trivia topic is off limits!
Tickets are on sale now at Brown Paper Tickets. There is a limited amount, so if it's anything like the previous Trivia Nights, tickets will sell out FAST. We suggest you start recruiting and forming your team of 6-8 people now! Choose your teammates wisely because we'll ask about anything and we won't go easy on you, even if you ask nicely.
- Geek Trivia Night will be held on Thursday, August 17th at Jammin' Java in Vienna, VA. The venue serves food and drink (purchased separately) for you to indulge on while participating in the trivia fun.
- Doors open at 7pm ET, with the festivities running until 10:30pm. There will be 4 rounds of questions, 10 questions per round.
- Tickets are $15 each and are on sale now; they will be sold at a first come, first serve basis. We recommend teams purchase their tickets together.
- Due to the nature of the content of this show, and the fact that the host(s) can't be trusted to keep their mouth shut, ThinkGeek is requiring that all attendees be 18+. Thank you for understanding.
- Teams must be composed of 6-8 people. We will be contacting the ticket purchasers later regarding your team name, members, and leader. If you have less than 6 but still want to play, we can match you up, but you must agree to leave your fate up to the almighty Timmy! There will be time at the beginning of the night for you to meet your new team & form new friendships.
If you have any further questions, please feel free to ask us in the comments below.
May the Force be ever in your favor, champion! See you on August 17th!