TIMMY'S ROLLING OUT TO SAN DIEGO COMIC CON!
Yep, it's that time again. WE NEED YOUR HELP! Run, don't walk to your sewing machine, knitting needles, crochet hooks, hot glue guns, bedazzlers, and the kitchen (because you're going to need a snack). Timmy needs some new threads for SDCC in July & has put out the request for costumes!
Many moons ago, we started this project, and Timmy's personal costume closet has become a source of envy for every ThinkGeek monkey (and some fans!) Thank you, thank you, thank you to all the volunteers who have donated their time and skillz towards making Timmy the best-dressed monkey ever. It's hard for us to express just how much we appreciate your help in keeping Timmy clothed all year long. (He'd run around naked if we let him have his way! Eep.)
Want to see Timmy model your genius creation? Check out his costume wish list below, take a gander at his existing collection, and sign up to volunteer!
Our most coveted costumes, with the already taken suggestions struck through:
- DC Comics: Wonder Woman, Batman, the Joker, Superman, Clark Kent, Harley Quinn, The Flash, or Arrow
- Marvel: Star Lord, Gamora, Drax, Yondu, Mary Poppins Y'all, Nick Fury, The Vision, Scarlet Witch, Black Widow, Daredevil, Black Panther, Ant-Man, The Punisher, or Jessica Jones.
- Star Trek: Riker (w/ chair!), Khan, Borg Picard
- Star Wars: LUKE SKYWALKER! Jyn, Cassian, K-2S0, R2-D2, C-3P0, Jabba the Hut, Maz Kanata, Poe Dameron, Rey, or Finn.
- Game of Thrones: Arya Stark, Sansa Stark, The Night King, Joffrey, Oberyn Martell, Little Finger, any of the Sand Snakes, or Ned Stark
- Firefly: Captain Mal, River Tam, or Zoe
- Doctor Who: Bill, Clara, Rose, Donna, Martha, Cyberman, or an Ood Timmy!
- LotR & the Hobbit: Thorin Oakenshield, Gollum, or Legolas
- Bioshock: Big Daddy, Booker DeWitt or Elizabeth
- Nintendo: Breath of the Wild Link, Yoshi or Death-stare Luigi
- Adventure Time: BMO, Princess Bubblegum, Marceline, or Lumpy Space Princess
- Mass Effect: Garrus or Commander Shepard
- The X-Files: Scully or Mulder
- Warcraft: Orgrim Doomhammer, Garona, Durotar, Anduin Lothar, Sylvannas Windrunner.
- Fallout 4: Power Armor Timmy, Sole Survivor Timmy WITH TINY DOGMEAT (oh please oh please let there be a tiny Dogmeat)
- Overwatch: Tracer, Mcree, Pharah, Widowmaker, D. Va (we would also accept Gremlin D. Va Timmy), WINSTON TIMMY!
- Anyone from Jurassic World
- Grumpy Cat
- Master Chief
We welcome all your ideas and suggestions, too!
If you sign up below, we'll be in touch via email to confirm your costume pick to ensure maximum costume efficiency. (Ten people working on the same costume means we'll have to choose favorites and that's no fun.) Timmy's measurements are below for reference.
Height: 8"; Chest (all the way around): 9"; Neck (all the way around): 8"; Arm (shoulder to end of hand): 3.5"; Shoulder to wrist: 2"; Tips of fingers to fingers across shoulders: 10"; Inseam: 2"; Outseam (hip to bottom of foot): 3.5"; Head (where a hat would fit): 8"; Height (tip of head to bottom of foot): 7.5"; Tail length: 5"; Width of face across nose: 2"; Width of feet (so you can get pants on over them): 1.75"; Neck to hip (for shirts): 3". Pretty sure that's every possible measurement, but let us know if we missed one!
Your deadline, should you choose to accept it
Timmy and his entourage will leave ThinkGeek HQ on July 17th, and they'll need some time to organize and get his bags packed. So the deadline for your costume to arrive at the HQ is July 12th, 2017.
Where to ship your creations
Please address your costume to:
Timmy's Volunteer Costuming Corps, ThinkGeek
11216 Waples Mill Road, Suite 100
Fairfax, VA 22030
Where will Timmy wear your work?
All over the world! At conventions and geeky gatherings, fundraisers, and premiers. He'll debut his new costumes at SDCC this July, though. We also display all of his costumes in our conference room, and in our Timmy costume Flickr album where you'll be credited so that others may bask in the glow of your stunning artistry forever.
That's it! If you have any questions or need more details, please comment below and we'll update this post with the necessary information.
We are already so excited! Thank you, everyone!