Dwarven Helm by SadDaysCrochet
Get your hooks & needles ready!
Knit & Crochet Night has returned! Last time was such a hit that we couldn't wait to host it again. We cordially invite 25 crafty geeks to join us on Thursday, February 21st for an evening of knitting & crocheting fun; food & beverages will be joining in on the festivities as well!
We've also got quite the special project for our crafters. We hope our randomly selected attendees will be up for making some 5x5' squares! Each crafter will receive a piece of the project to work on in advance, which will then be put together at the event. We're so excited to work together with you on this! (The rest of the details will remain a secret... for now. Dun dun dunnn.) If this project is successful, we're considering expanding it and creating a virtual Knit & Crochet event to allow for more of our geeky crafters to participate next time!
The Knitty Gritty:
- Knit & Crochet Night will be held at ThinkGeek HQ in Fairfax, VA.
- Due to the limited amount of space, we will randomly select our 25 attendees from those who sign up via the form below. This includes +1 companions. (We hope they're into the crafts as well!) If your +1 is a geekling, we request that he/she be age 12 and up.
The sign up form will close 11:59pm ET Sunday, February 3rd.We will notify the selectees that following Monday, February 4th. If you find out later that you cannot make it, please notify us ASAP.
- Doors open at 5:45pm ET; please make sure to bring your confirmation email ticket at check-in, which will be followed by tours & introductions. Food & beverages will be served around 6:30pm. We've planned several activities for the rest of the night, including handing out some goodies and prizes! We'll wrap things up at 8pm.
- Please bring any WIPs or finished products to share with the class! (The geekier the better!) We'd love to see what everyone's been working on.
- Got a bit too much yarn on your hands? Bring that along, too! You can swap yarn with your fellow crafters and find inspiration for your next project. Any leftover yarn will be donated to the Mother Bear Project, a charity that helps children affected by HIV/AIDS in emerging nations by providing them with the comfort and love of a hand-knit or crocheted bear.
Well, that's it for now. Feel free to shoot us any questions in the comments. Can't wait to see 25 of you on the 21st!
UPDATE: The sign up period has closed, and we have emailed our 25 randomly selected attendees! If you didn't receive an email from us, you're on the wait list and we'll be in touch if a spot opens up :)