Students from Ms. M's Chicago class need netbooks
The Geek<3 results are in!
Here are the DonorsChoose.org classrooms you guys voted for that we've just funded with a $2,000 total donation:
1. Laptops for Every Student! geeklings who need laptops
2. Be A Ray of Sunshine Round 2 geeklings who need calculators
3. Help Me Capture My Projects on Paper! geeklings who need a laser printer
4. What is a Candy Bar? geeklings who need an LCD projector
5. Mini Computers for Writing and Research geeklings who need netbooks (we were able to partially help fund this classroom)
Usually, the teachers will send updates on their classroom's projects after they've met their donation goals, and we'll share whatever stories or pictures we receive. (Here's some super cuteness from last year.)
And now for the winning cupids
This isn't why you voted, right? Right. But nonetheless, here are our random winning voters:
@jamesfish wins a Tauntaun Sleeping Bag + 1 $100 gift certificate, and @Susurrate, @cookingchemist, @grimreepr33, @The_Doombringer each win a $100 gift certificate. If you're one of the winners, we'll contact you on Twitter shortly. If you're not one of the winners, you are now free to harass them.
Thanks again for all your help spreading the geek<3, and have an as-wonderful-as-can-be-expected Valentine's Day this weekend!
PS: We made you a valentine. XOXO, Timmy
Once again the ThinkGeek robo-cupid monkeytrons are stringing their Nerf bows with technology. And once again, we need your help targeting geeklings from DonorsChoose.org who need fancy new learnin' gizmos in their classrooms.
You may recall that last year we donated $500 to the top-voted classrooms; this year we're quadrupling our donation to $2,000, and your vote will enter you into a drawing to win one of five $100 gift certificates! UPDATE: We're including a Tauntaun sleeping bag as a random prize!
How to vote/enter/play robo-cupid with us:
UPDATE ON <3ING: 2pm
Thank you, geeky cupids! We've received 450+ votes so far and the current classroom leaders are:
1. Laptops for Every Student! whose geeklings need laptops
2. Be A Ray of Sunshine Round 2 whose geeklings need calculators
3. Help Me Capture My Projects on Paper! whose geeklings need a laser printer
4. What is a Candy Bar? whose geeklings need an LCD projector
5. Mini Computers for Writing and Research whose geeklings need netbooks
At 6pm EST we'll tally up the votes for each classroom and start donating to each top-ranking class until we exhaust our $2,000 donation budget. Shortly thereafter we'll contact our 5 gift certificate winners and post an update here on our blog. (Of course we'll tweet updates all day, too.)
Timmy is standing by to take your votes and is happy to donate his face to the cause. Feel free to yoink his Twitter icon (to the right) in honor of our Geek<3 project.
Good luck, robo-cupids!