SDCC 2018... ENGAGE!
San Diego Comic-Con 2018 is upon us!
Avengers, assemble! We've put together a handy guide to help you stalk us during this week of awesome.
The Official ThinkGeek SDCC Strategy Guide
Where to Find Us:
- Come visit us in the Exhibitor's Hall behind Hasbro and Toynami. We're in booth #3349, but check the map first ("WHO NEEDS A MAP?" Probably everyone, SDCC is HUGE).
This is our sixth year at Comic-Con, and we'd love to see a friendly face, so be sure to drop by and say hello. While you've got a monkey's ear, complete the daily quest to get some free swag (see below)!
ThinkGeek IRL Stores:
- Can't make it to San Diego? Fear not! If you live near one of our 40 nationwide brick-and-mortar locations, Timmy is bringing Comic-Con to you! And yes, that includes those coveted Con Exclusives. Get to the store early, or bring your sleeping bag and lawn chair for the full Hall H camping experience!
- Looking to score some free loot? Don't think it'll be so easy! Come by our booth #3349 and complete the secret daily quest to get a mystery goodie! Check for a new quest each day before the floor opens on Twitter, Facebook, or Instagram!
COMING SOON! We have Comic-Con Debuts and Exclusives!
Can't make it to Comic-Con?
- No worries! We can't all fit in that convention center. Keep a sharp eye on our social media pages and we may just have a way to bring the con straight to your door.
Happy stalking!Swing by our booth any time for awesome swag, freebies, or just a quick chat with a monkey. Hope to see you there!
- Fairfax, VA, ThinkGeek World Domination HQ @ThinkGeek
- Clearwater, FL @ThinkGeekCountrysideMall
- Orlando, FL @ThinkGeekWaterfordLakes
- Buford, GA @ThinkGeekMallofGeorgia
- Kennesaw, GA @ThinkGeekTownCenteratCobb
- Bloomington, IN @ThinkGeekCollegeMall
- Fort Wayne, IN @ThinkGeekGlenbrookSq
- Indianapolis, IN @ThinkGeekCastletonMall
- Peabody, MA @ThinkGeekNorthShore
- Albany, NY @ThinkGeekCrossgateMall
- Buffalo, NY @ThinkGeekWaldenGalleria
- New York, NY @ThinkGeekAndGameStopBroadway
- Syracuse, NY @ThinkGeekDestinyUSA [what a great name!]
- Oklahoma City, OK @ThinkGeekPennSquareMall
- Tulsa, OK @ThinkGeekWoodlandHills
- Happy Valley, OR @ThinkGeekClackamasTC
- Austin, TX @thinkgeekbartoncreekmall
- El Paso, TX @ThinkGeekCieloVistaMall
- Forth Worth, TX @thinkgeekhulenmall
- Friendswood, TX @ThinkGeekBaybrookMall
- Humble, TX @ThinkGeekDeerbrookMall
- Hurst, TX @thinkgeeknortheastmall
- San Antonio, TX @ThinkGeekIngramParkMall
- San Antonio, TX @ThinkGeekNorthStarMall
- Sugar Land, TX @ThinkGeekFirstColonyMall
- Seattle, WA @ThinkGeekNorthgateMall
- Tacoma, WA @ThinkgeekTacomaMall
- The winner from our Savannah, GA store (@ThinkGeekOglethorpeMall) is Timmy Mercy from Overwatch created by Christina C.
- The winner from our Lafayette, IN store (@ThinkGeekTippecanoeMall) is Timmy Kiki from Kiki's Delivery Service created by Sam S.
- The winner from our Raleigh, NC store (@ThinkGeekCburabtreeValleyMall) is Big Daddy Timmy from Bioshock created by Lane B.
- The winner from our Arlington, TX store (@ThinkGeekArlington) is Teenage Mutant Ninja Timmy Michelangelo created by Robert J.
- The winner from our Lake Grove, NY store (@ThinkGeekLakeGrove) is Worf Timmy from ST:TNG created by Magenta B.
- The winner from our Braintree, MA store (@ThinkGeekSouthShorePlaza) is Junkrat Timmy from Overwatch created by Lyn M.
- The winner from our Toms River, NJ store (@ThinkGeekOceanCountyMall) is Pikachu Timmy created by Tyler V.
- The winner from our Houston, TX store (@ThinkGeekWillowbrookMall) is Sir Timmy Mc Fancypants created by Shaunna C.
I really like making nifty things - it's why I wanted to make cool costumes for Timmy and the reason I started my own business, Czarofhappiness Props. In addition to bingeing superhero shows on Netflix and playing Xbox games, I have more-active hobbies, including Flying Trapeze, Martial Arts (Kickboxing & JKD), and outdoorsy stuff, like Kayaking, Hiking, & Cycling.
The next year, I made Kick-Ass because no one else had, and Hit-Timmy needed a partner.
And then Rey was on the most wanted list the next year, and again, I'd recently done Rey for myself, so tiny copying commenced.
I love sci-fi conventions, too. My first con was Dragon*Con in 2008. I brought my son and we had such a blast! I've been to a few more since then, and I wish I could go much more often.
The future may have no bananas
Ah, bananas. You can tally them. You can feed them to monkeys. You can fling the peels at your frenemies in Mario Kart. And they are high in potassium! On this day in 1876, American visitors to the World's Fair in Philadelphia were introduced en masse to the banana, but probably not the Cavendish bananas we're used to today. In the wild, bananas have huge seeds and very little fruit so farmers cultivate them for the opposite. That means they're clones - genetically identical - which never ends well. The Gros Michel, higher in isoamyl acetate, was wiped out by disease, only to be replaced by Banana 2.0, which we eat today. Meanwhile, the pathogen has been quietly evolving. How much longer can the cultivated banana exist? Timmy's going to buy them all up, just in case. And also maybe invest in Bananacoin...
Check this out. Because of your awesomeness, Timmy now has over 200 costumes in his closet that we've been able to show off at events over the years!!1!
anybody from Stranger Things (
Barb, Demogorgon) a dinosaur (T. Rex) Black PantherLando Calrissian (original trilogy or Solo)Batman (we have Robin, Poison Ivy, and Harley, but no Bruce Wayne) Winston, Zarya, Tracer, or Briggite from Overwatch
any of the Voltron Paladins
anybody from Westworld
or Commander Shepardfrom Mass Effect (we have a Tali)
Chest (all the way around): 9"
Neck (all the way around): 8"
Arm (shoulder to end of hand): 3.5"
Shoulder to wrist: 2"
Tips of fingers to fingers across shoulders: 10"
Outseam (hip to bottom of foot): 3.5"
Head (where a hat would fit): 8"
Height (tip of head to bottom of foot): 7.5"
Tail length: 5"
Width of face across nose: 2"
Width of feet (so you can get pants on over them): 1.75"
Neck to hip (for shirts): 3"
Pretty sure that's every possible measurement, but let us know if we missed one!
Your deadline, should you choose to accept it
Because of the two rounds of competition this year, our deadline is a bit earlier than usual.The deadline for your costume to arrive at ThinkGeek World Domination HQ is June 30th, 2018.
Where to ship your creations
(Obviously this only applies if you're not handing your Timmy over to your local ThinkGeek IRL store.) If you're mailing it to ThinkGeek World Domination HQ, address your costume to:
Timmy's Volunteer Costume Corps, ThinkGeek
11216 Waples Mill Road, Suite 100
Fairfax, VA 22030
We would say "may the odds be ever in your favor," but you told us to never tell you the odds, so we can respect that. And here's the bit the Legal monkeys told us we had to include: /files/timmys-cosplay-contest/timmys_cosplay_contest__round1_terms_conditions.pdf