Celestron Backpack Eclipse Telescope
Safety First! Don't Get Starry Eyed
- Refractor 50mm solar telescope with permanent glass filters
- Kit includes adjustable tripod and backpack
- Warning: Don't look directly at the sun without proper protection
Safety First! Don't Get Starry EyedGet ready for safe solar eclipse viewing with the Celestron Backpack Eclipse Telescope! Easy to transport in its included backpack, you'll be equally ready for the next solar eclipse no matter if you're standing next to your car or camping in the backwoods. Anyone can view solar eclipses safely with a pair of eclipse glasses, but if you want to get a closer look, you'll need a telescope. Only certain telescopes are designed specifically to look at the Sun, and most are large and cumbersome. But Celestron's EclipSmart Solar Telescope 50 is extremely portable and designed specifically for solar eclipse viewing and solar observation. Featuring Solar Safe filter technology, it has a permanently mounted dual-lens solar filter that is ISO certified and independently lab tested for safety. Its 20mm eyepieces gives the viewer 18x magnification, making eclipses and sunspots 18x more magnificent. This solar telescope also has a solar-safe finderscope, making it easy to line up with the Sun without looking directly at the Sun. Because we like sight.
This 50mm solar telescope kit includes a telescoping tripod for easy and stable viewing, including directly overhead, along with a specially designed backpack to carry the telescope, tripod, and accessories. It will give you much higher magnifications than you will get using handheld solar viewers or solar binoculars. It features Solar Safe filter technology, providing protection from harmful solar radiation, including both infrared and ultraviolet light. It also filters out 99.999% of intense visible light.
Get it for the eclipse! This is the ideal product for sharing your solar eclipse observation with family and friends. Then, keep using it to study sunspots, solar flares, and other solar phenomena!
Important note: Never look directly at the sun without special eye protection. Even looking at a partial solar eclipse with the naked eye can cause eye damage. Celestron Solar Safe filter technology is GUARANTEED SAFE for direct solar observation and has been independently tested by SAI Global Assurance Services. Solar Safe products conform to and meet the transmission requirements of ISO 12312-2, Filters for Direct Observation of the Sun, EN 1836:2005 + A1:2007 (E) for an E15 Filter for the Direct Observation of the Sun and, AS/NZS 1338.1:2012, Filters for Eye Protectors.
- Celestron EclipSmart Solar Telescope 50
- Allows you to safely observe the Sun, during the solar eclipse and at other times
- For those wanting to observe the upcoming total solar eclipse
- And those interested in solar observations at other times
- Refractor design
- Aperture: 50mm
- Focal length: 360mm f/7.2
- Objective lens type: Achromatic doublet, air-spaced
- Optical coatings: Fully coated
- Solar filters: ISO compliant glass filters, full aperture, permanently attached
- Finderscope: Zero power Solar Safe finderscope
- Star diagonal: Hybrid mirror diagonal, accepts 1.25" eyepieces
- Eyepiece: 20mm Kellner (1.25"), 18x magnification
- Highest useful magnification: 118x
- Lowest useful magnification: 7.14x
- Resolution (Rayleigh): 2.79 arc seconds
- Resolution (Dawes): 2.32 arc seconds
- Light gathering power: 51x the naked eye
- Dimensions: 47" x 28" x 31"
- Weight: 2.71 lbs
- Includes 2-year warranty
- Includes telescope, 20mm eyepiece, mount/tripod, 90° diagonal, projection finder, and backpack
Wanna chat about it?
Have questions about Celestron Backpack Eclipse Telescope or your order? We monitor these comments daily, but it may be faster to email us directly or call us at 1-888-GEEKSTUFF.