Mechanical DIY Steam Locomotive
Chugga-Chugga It Yourself
- 19th-century-style locomotive with coal car and track
- 443 pieces are scored and ready for you to punch out and put together
- A great project for makers young and old
Chugga-Chugga It YourselfWe've been dreaming of building and operating our own old-timey steam locomotive for, oh, forever now. But Mom was probably right: there's no room for all that in the backyard, and it turns out you can't just build these things by yourself. Or... can you?
Straight out of our steampunk dreams, it's a (faux) steam locomotive you can build for yourself, that really moves! Made from premium grade plywood, the 443 pieces are scored and ready for you to punch out and put together. It's a fun project that requires no tools (although you may wish to have a craft knife handy and a small hammer to help things fit). We recommend that little kids have adult supervision, to help understand instructions, provide brute force, and to keep the smaller pieces from snapping. It's powered by a rubber band engine (rubber bands included), but you'll have to provide your own chugga-chugga and steam whistle sounds.
- Mechanical DIY Steam Locomotive
- Model steam locomotive, tender (coal car), and track
- Structured per 19th century engineering with wheels, pistons, and spinning gears
- Engine is operated using a lever near the driver’s window, and can be steered up to a distance of 16 feet
- Authentic cabin styling, including instrument panel and retractable ladder beneath the door
- Use the roof hatch and tiny doors to have a peek at the inside
- Rubber band engine makes it go with just a few turns of the wrist
- Pieces are precut and ready to assemble
- Number of Parts: 443
- Assembly Time: 10-12 hours
- Materials: Premium grade plywood
- Dimensions (assembled):
- Locomotive: 12" x 3.9" x 4.9"
- Tender: 6.3" x 3.5" x 4.5"
- Includes plywood sheets with laser scored parts to punch outs, toothpicks, rubber bands, plywood measuring tool, and instructions
- No glue needed!
- Craft knife not required but may help removing pieces from sheets cleanly, and you may want to wax the gears if you use it a lot
- Kids under 12 will probably need an adult to assist
Wanna chat about it?
Have questions about Mechanical DIY Steam Locomotive or your order? We monitor these comments daily, but it may be faster to email us directly or call us at 1-888-GEEKSTUFF.