Tamashii Nations Movie Realization Sandtrooper Sergeant/Corporal (SDCC Exclusive)
SDCC Sandtrooper x Samurai
- Iconic Star Wars Sandtrooper reimagined as Samurai
- SDCC '16 exclusive version with black pauldron option
- Meticulously-detailed accessories included
SDCC Sandtrooper x SamuraiOne look at these Meisho Star Wars Movie Realization Figures makes us dream of a Star Wars/samurai crossover film. This isn't as much of a stretch as you might think: the Star Wars films already drew heavily from Japanese samurai cinema. George Lucas has long acknowledged that he was influenced by Akira Kurosawa films, to which the Star Wars films owe part of their visual storytelling and narrative elements. The word "jedi" itself is believed to be derived from the Japanese word jidaigeki ("period drama"), and parts of Darth Vader's suit design (especially his helmet) came from samurai armor. George Lucas even asked samurai film mainstay Toshiro Mifune to play the part of Obi-Wan Kenobi in A New Hope. Rumor is that when he turned the role down, he was then offered the role of Darth Vader.
This figure brings forth an alternate reality where maybe Toshiro Mifune didn't turn down George Lucas's offer to fill the iconic role, and the samurai influences of the films were taken to the utmost extreme. The Teppo ("flintlock rifle") Ashigaru ("foot soldier") Sandtrooper's off-white armor gives you the distinct impression that it was intricately carved and molded from bone, and that it's seen many battles. Fully articulated with soft plastic parts, this figure is near-infinitely posable, so you can recreate classic scenes from Star Wars or your favorite samurai films.
This San Diego Comic-Con Exclusive version of the Teppo Ashigaru Sandtrooper figure includes a removable charcoal black pauldron (shoulder armor) design, indicating that this feudal Sandtrooper is of enlisted status.
- Tamashii Nations Movie Realization Sandtrooper Sergeant/Corporal
- Officially-licensed Star Wars collectible
- SDCC Exclusive Variant with charcoal black pauldron
- Formerly a San Diego Comic-Con 2016 Exclusive
- Iconic Star Wars foot soldier reimagined in samurai style
- Designed by acclaimed artist Takeya Takayuki
- Fans of Star Wars and samurai cinema will find the extreme level of detail most impressive
- Materials: Plastic (ABS and PVC)
- Dimensions: 7" tall
- Teppo Ashigaru Sandtrooper figure in full armor and helmet
- 3 pairs of interchangeable hands
- Japanese katana set
- Blaster rifles (small and large)
- Rusty-look backpack
- Interchangeable black and white pauldrons (SDCC '16 exclusive)
- Ages 15+
- WARNING - SMALL PARTS - Not intended for children under 3 years of age
Wanna chat about it?
Have questions about Tamashii Nations Movie Realization Sandtrooper Sergeant/Corporal (SDCC Exclusive) or your order? We monitor these comments daily, but it may be faster to email us directly or call us at 1-888-GEEKSTUFF.