Learn to Program with Small Basic
A Turtle at Your Command
- Write programs with real Small Basic code
- Design games using programming concepts
- Perfect for kids fascinated with computers
A Turtle at Your CommandSmall Basic is a free, beginner-friendly programming language created by Microsoft. Inspired by BASIC, which introduced programming to millions of first-time PC owners in the 1970s and 1980s, Small Basic is a modern language that makes coding simple and fun.
But you're our customer, so you probably already know that. Learn to Program with Small Basic lets you introduce someone to the empowering world of programming. They'll master the basics such as displaying messages and drawing colorful pictures, and then work their way up to programming games. Along the way, they will program their computer to greet them by name, make a game of rock-paper-scissors using If/Else statements, create an interactive treasure map using arrays, draw intricate geometric patterns with just a few lines of code, and simplify complex programs by breaking them into bite-sized subroutines. They'll also learn to command a turtle to draw shapes, create magical moving text, solve math problems quickly, and help a knight slay a dragon!
- Learn to Program with Small Basic: An Introduction to Programming with Games, Art, Science, and Math
- Teaches kids to use real code to make their own games and programs in Small Basic
- An excellent resource for budding programmers who love to develop their own creations
- Full-color book
- Author: Majed Marji and Ed Price
- Publisher: No Starch Press
- ISBN: 9781593277024
- Pages: 344
- Covertype: Paperback
- Year: 2016
- Edition: 1st
- Genre: Non-Fiction/DIY
- Covers Small Basic Version 1.X. Windows 7 or higher required.
- Ages 10+
Wanna chat about it?
Have questions about Learn to Program with Small Basic or your order? We monitor these comments daily, but it may be faster to email us directly or call us at 1-888-GEEKSTUFF.