- Writing the bullets for Punderdome is hard, but we're going to give it a shot
- You need at least three people before you can tri it out
- If you play it in costume, you could call it Mad Masks: Beyond Punderdome
Pun intendedWe were going to try to pun our way into adding this card game to your shelves, but we're afraid you've already got a full house. Although we mostly craft them punintentionally, Punderdome asks its players to come up with puns about a specific subject on the spot in 90 seconds or less. Provided with a set of 200 cards, 100 topic cards and 100 situation cards, the cards in the room draw two cards and write down their best groan-worthy pun linking the two. If it takes a spark to get your pun motor running, just turn over the cards for inspiration. The only people we wouldn't recommend play would be those with a broken humerus.
Oh, and the rules talk about Mystery Envelopes the hosts fill with things from their house for the winner, but we think we'll just stick to giving the winner a fancy title like Sir Prize.
- For 3 or more players
- Ages 12+
- Play time: 90 seconds each round (100 sets of cards, so theoretically you could play for 2 1/2 hours without having to shuffle)
- Each round you pull one white topic card and one green situation card and jot down a pun that connects the two
- The most groan-worthy pun wins the cards, and first player to 10 pairs of cards wins the game
- The back of each card has a horrible pun to get you started
- 100 White cards
- 100 Green cards
- 2 pads for writing puns
- 2 Mystery Envelopes for prizes
- 1 large pad of slips for prizes
- You'll need a writing instrument for each player, a timer, and prizes if you feel like it
Wanna chat about it?
Have questions about Punderdome or your order? We monitor these comments daily, but it may be faster to email us directly or call us at 1-888-GEEKSTUFF.