Outlander Tartan Lambswool Scarf
100% Lambswool Defiance
- Pure lambswool scarf
- Officially-registered Outlander tartan pattern
- Made in Scotland
100% Lambswool DefianceToday's History Lesson from your friends at ThinkGeek: The Dress Act 1746, part of a series of measures designed to keep rambunctious Scottish clans under government control, made the wearing of "the Highland Dress" (such as tartan and kilts) illegal, punishable by six months in jail without the possibility of bail. A second offense would earn you a boat trip "to any of his Majesty's plantations beyond the seas, there to remain for the space of seven years." Seven years in Australia for wearing your local colors: it's like if your HR department had really strict rules about wearing superhero t-shirts, and also owned a giant prison island to send you to.
The Dress Act 1746 was repealed in 1782, but you can still feel a little defiant by donning this Outlander Tartan Lambswool Scarf. The tartan design is officially registered for the Outlander TV series in the The Scottish Register of Tartans, and "ancient and weathered colours were used to simulate the natural wools and dyes available in the time period of the story," so this is the real deal. Made in Scotland of 100% pure new lambswool, even.
- Outlander Tartan Lambswool Scarf
- Officially-licensed Outlander merchandise
- Officially-registered tartan pattern with The Scottish Register of Tartans
- Perfect for warming the neck of any Outlander fan
- Put a dapper Outlander twist on a wedding party with the whole set: scarf, hat, tie, and pocket square.
- Materials: 100% pure new lambswool
- Care Instructions: Dry clean only
- Imported (Made in Scotland)
- Dimensions: 12" x 70"
Wanna chat about it?
Have questions about Outlander Tartan Lambswool Scarf or your order? We monitor these comments daily, but it may be faster to email us directly or call us at 1-888-GEEKSTUFF.