Takenoko Board Game
Find the panda
- It's a board game with a giant panda as a character
- Click Buy Now already, people
- Why are you still reading this?
For those of you who didn't already click "Buy Now," we'll elaborate. The aim of Takenoko is to keep the Emperor happy, but when there's a giant panda on the board, we forget these things. As a player, you draw certain objective cards which have various points assigned. You then tend a garden which grows bamboo, fertilizing, irrigating, and fencing as needed. You also let the panda eat the bamboo and attempt to bring certain plots of land together. The player with the most points once one player has achieved 7 objectives is the winner. But when it's a game with a giant panda, we're all winners.
- Takenoko Board Game
- For 2-4 players
- Ages 8+
- Play time: 45 minutes
- Mechanic: Dice rolling, grid movement, modular board, pattern building, set collection, tile placement
- 28 plot tiles
- 12 green plots: 5 blank, 2 watershed, 2 fertilizer, 2 enclosure
- 9 yellow plots: 5 blank, 1 watershed, 1 fertilizer, 1 enclosure
- 7 pink plots: 4 blank, 1 watershed, 1 fertilizer, 1 enclosure
- 36 green wooden bamboo
- 30 yellow wooden bamboo
- 24 pink wooden bamboo
- 20 irrigation channels
- 9 landscaping tokens
- 46 objective cards
- 4 individual boards
- 8 wooden action tokens
- 1 weather die
- 1 panda figure
- 1 gardener figure
- 1 rulebook
- Not sure if it's for you? Watch a game with the TableTop episode.
- WARNING - SMALL PARTS - Not intended for children under 3 years of age.
Wanna chat about it?
Have questions about Takenoko Board Game or your order? We monitor these comments daily, but it may be faster to email us directly or call us at 1-888-GEEKSTUFF.