Swedish FireSteel: FireSteel V 2.0
Blaze of glory
- Magnesium alloy that sparks to make fire
- Use to light campfires, stoves, gas BBQs
- Now even easier to use in any weather
Blaze of gloryThe original FireSteel has a pretty impressive fanbase at ThinkGeek. We added it to our site in 2005 and have sold almost 75k units. For those fans, you'll be excited to hear that it's even better now. For folks who haven't yet been introduced to FireSteel's greatness, allow us to enlighten you. En-light-en you.
Originally developed for the Swedish Department of Defense, Swedish FireSteel is a flash of genius. Its nearly 3,000°C spark makes fire building easy in any weather, at any altitude. Used by a number of armies around the world, Swedish FireSteel's dependability has already made it a favorite of survival experts, hunters, fishermen and campers. Amazingly enough it also works equally well when wet. Version 2.0 features an improved striker that makes it even easier to build a fire in any weather or at any altitude. With a new design, this simple tool makes one of mankind's greatest survival tactics accessible to everyone.
- Lights campfires, gas-stoves, gas-barbecues
- Lasts for approximately 12,000 strikes
- Produces a 5,400°F (2,980°C) degree spark
- Works equally well when wet
- Predictable performance at all altitudes
- Bright spark - can be used as emergency signal
- Striker handle includes an emergency whistle
- Materials: Magnesium alloy (of 7 different metals@) + stainless steel striker
- Dimensions: 3.7" x 1" x .6"
- Weight: 1.7 oz.
Wanna chat about it?
Have questions about Swedish FireSteel: FireSteel V 2.0 or your order? We monitor these comments daily, but it may be faster to email us directly or call us at 1-888-GEEKSTUFF.