- An awesome little analog synthesizer by the geniuses at Moog
- Just a little DIY needed to put the Werkstatt together
- A great educational tool that's also a powerful and compact synth
A couple of screws to assemble. A few carefully adjusted dials and thrown switches. A few wires plugged in to guide the control signals. And finally, with all that done, it's time to add the power. No, you haven't created a monster like Frankenstein; you've assembled your Moog Werkstatt. And while it's not a monster, it sure can help you create some monster tunes. Read on, and fall in love with the Moog Werkstatt.
The Moog Werkstatt is a patchable and compact, one oscillator analog synthesizer. It was originally created as a kit, to be the foundation for exclusive "Engineering VIP" workshops at Moogfest 2014. But because the public demanded more, Moog built a no-soldering-required version! Assembly is extremely simple (you just need a screwdriver). Any user can quickly build an analog synthesizer based on classic Moog circuits, and if desired, study the analog circuits. Plus, it comes with header patch cables, so you can route the control signals any way you want. Through assembly and inspired investigation, the Moog Werkstatt is an excellent platform for exploring the world of analog synthesizer circuits. A lifetime of experimentation, knob twisting, and sound design awaits.
- The Moog Werkstatt is an easy-to-assemble DIY patchable and compact, one oscillator analog synthesizer
- No soldering required - just a little screwing parts together
- Oscillator Section
- Single VCO w/ frequency control (8Hz to 16KHz)
- Saw and square waveshapes w/ control for square pulse width
- Envelope or LFO selectable Mod Source that can be assigned to PWM or Pitch w/ Amount control
- Ability to PWM the square wave
- Filter Section
- Classic 4-Pole Moog Ladder Filter w/ Resonance control (20Hz-20KHz)
- Select between the Envelope generator and LFO as Mod Source.
- Polarity switch (+/-) and amount knob for control of filter cutoff modulation
- LFO Section
- Selectable Square or Triangle waveshape w/ rate control (2Hz-600Hz)
- VCA/AMP Section
- Select between the Envelope Generator or ON (Drone)
- Envelopes Section
- Controls for Attack & Decay time w/ Sustain On/Off switch
- KB Section
- One octave low-note priority legato keyboard w/ glide control
- Patchable Header
- VCA Input 0V to +5V in VCA EG Mode, +/-2.5V in VCA ON Mode
- VCF Input -5V to +5
- VCO LINEAR FM Input +/-2.5V - NOTE: this is an inverting control input
- VCO EXPONENTIAL FM Input -5V to +5V, 1V/Octave trimmable
- LFO CV Input 5V to +5V – NOTE: Negative CV slows LFO more than the panel
- VCF AUDIO Input Unbuffered/Unmixed AC coupled input to VCF
- 2x KB CV Output 3V/semitone from 1 keyboard - NOTE: Attenuate for 1V/Octave
- 2x TRIG Output 5 msec pulse, 0 to +5 V signal generated from low-note priority
- 2x GATE Output 0 to +5V signal generated from low-note priority
- 2x EG Output 0 to +5V signal, Simple ASD or AD type Envelope Generator
- 2x LFO Output -2.5 to +2.5V Triangle or Square wave, selected via LFO Switch
- 2x VCF Output-2V to +2 V signal for audio or CV uses
- 2x VCO Output 0V to +5V VCO signal, wave selected by VCO Wave Switch
- Rear Panel
- AUDIO Output Nominal +/-1.5V Signal
- POWER +12VDC Center Positive w/ 1.2A Wall transformer
- POWER CONSUMPTION 1.8 Watt AVG
- Includes: Werkstatt-Ø1 kit, 5 colored patch cables, AC adapter
- Dimensions: 8.5" x 5.25" x 1.25"
Wanna chat about it?
Have questions about Moog Werkstatt or your order? We monitor these comments daily, but it may be faster to email us directly or call us at 1-888-GEEKSTUFF.