The Original Silly Putty
Buy this and earn
125Geek PointsGeek Points is a program to reward you, our incredibly cool customers, for shopping with us! The more you shop, the more points you can earn towards some pretty nifty rewards.
Real solid liquid
- A classic toy that's lasted since the 50s
- Stretch it, break it, smoosh it
- Comes in a red egg just like you remember
- Read more...
Real solid liquid
Sometimes the best things are a result of a scientific accident. Silly Putty is one such invention. Scientists during WWII were looking for a rubber substitute and ended up with this crazy fun substance. Silly Putty is known as the "real solid liquid" because it's a non-Newtonian fluid. To put it simply, a non-Newtonian fluid isn't held to one standard of viscosity. It does its own thing. Silly Putty can bounce, break if you smash it, flow like a liquid, and even dissolve into a puddle after a long, long, long wait.
Here are some more fun facts:
- Apollo astronauts used Silly Putty to secure their tools in space.
- Therapist recommend Silly Putty as a stress-relief tool.
- Pro athletes use Silly Putty to strengthen their grip
- Burning Silly Putty produces a bright white flame.
- Silly Putty can transfer newspaper images onto other surfaces, but it was better back in the day when inks were petroleum based.
- Silly Putty dissolves in alcohol. Once the alcohol evaporates, Silly Putty is forever changed.
- If you get Silly Putty in your hair (don't!), you can use WD-40 to remove it.
- You can earn a Master of Silly Putty degree (MSP) on Silly Putty's website.
- For Ages 4 years and Up
- The classic toy that every kid has owned
- Play with it, experiment with it, relieve stress with it
- Earn your Master of Silly Putty Degree!
- Original Silly Putty in its red egg
Wanna chat about The Original Silly Putty?
Have questions about The Original Silly Putty or your order? We monitor these comments daily, but it may be faster to email us directly or call us at 1-888-GEEKSTUFF.