Recesky Twin Lens Reflex Camera Kit
Lo-fi photography at its finest!
- Twin-lens reflex camera you build yourself!
- Uses standard 35mm film to make unique pieces of photographic artwork
- Shun those digital-camera owning unbelievers! Shunnnn!
With Instagram and Hipstamatic and Pixlr-o-matic, people are trying to re-create those über kühl leaky photos that are all the rage right now. Gone, apparently, are the days when you'd use actual photo-sensitive film to capture images, wait for them to come out of the lab, and sort through your double-prints with friends.
There's something visceral about sorting through glossy prints, and seeing what you captured in high-contrast and what was lost in bokeh no-man's-land. Analog is relatively unpredictable, and that's part of the fun. Unfortunately, supply and demand rules mean that, with everybody going digital, demand is low - and that means the price of cool analog cameras is high. Not anymore.
Now you can own your own twin-lens reflex camera - you know, the kind you shoot from your hip looking down into the viewfinder from on top? We've helped keep the price down by taking out the most expensive part of the camera: the labor. What you get is a kit and a set of easy-to-follow instructions. Give it a good hour of your attention, and you'll be shooting some truly amazing pictures.
Looking down into the viewfinder, you'll be entranced by the 3-dimensional effect composing with both eyes gives you, and when you get your photos back from the photo-printer, you'll fall in love all over again with your hand-made camera! Naturally, you'll want to scan those photos and post them on Twitter. I guess we can't escape digital photography after-all!
Features and Specifications
- DIY Twin-Lens reflex 35mm camera kit
- Easy and clear illustrated-instructions included
- Takes about an hour to assemble
- Contains everything you need except film!
- Shutter speed: fixed 1/125 sec. Multiple exposures possible
- Focus: 50cm to infinity, F6
- Recommend ISO400 35mm film
Wanna chat about it?
Have questions about Recesky Twin Lens Reflex Camera Kit or your order? We monitor these comments daily, but it may be faster to email us directly or call us at 1-888-GEEKSTUFF.