Japanese Kigurumi Cosplay Pajamas
PJ day, every day!
- Oh hai, Japan! Thanks for inventing these!
- Cosplay pajamas transform you into an animal
- Choose from 10 cozy styles
PJ day, every day!
The word Kigurumi comes from a combination of two Japanese words: kiru ("to wear") and nuigurumi ("stuffed toy"). Looking at the pictures here, it's clear that donning a kigurumi instantly transforms you into an adorable animal. (Or in some cases, a skeleton!) Traditionally, kigurumi referred to the performers wearing the costume, but the word has since grown to include the costumes themselves. In Japan, kigurumi costumes are worn as a way to break the conventions of traditional dress or just as comfy pajamas!
We've been wearing these around the ThinkGeek office for our officially sanctioned Pajama Day (Monday, in case you're wondering) and we love them. It's all the comfort of those sleeved blankets but with added mobility and cuteness. Made of soft and snuggly fleece, Kigurumi Cosplay Pajamas are perfect for a day at the office, a lazy Sunday at home, or a hot date with someone who loves pandas. They're even machine washable, so go on, eat a lasagna while dressed in a Tabby Cat kigurumi.
- Regular PJs are boring, get your sleep on Japanese-style
- Loose fitting cosplay pajamas in various adorable and fun styles
- Perfect for sleeping, lazy days at home, or lazy cosplay at a convention
- Choose Blue Unicorn, Corgi, Dinosaur, Fox, Hedgehog, Owl, Panda, Red Panda, Sloth, or Tabby Cat
- Material: Soft & snuggly polyester fleece with elasticized wrist and ankle cuffs
- Size: One-size-fits-all. They are extremely loose fitting and can accommodate most humans who are at least five feet tall.
- Tall geeks: If you are over six feet tall, the wrist and ankle cuffs may not make it all the way to your wrists and ankles (but don't let that stop you from wearing it!).
- More-to-love geeks: The bagginess of a Kigurumi means there's a ton of room in the chest and waist. The limiting factor for most folks is the shoulder width, so check that below.
- Machine Washable:
- Turn your kigurumi inside out.
- Wash on Cold using your "Normal" setting.
- Dry using "Air Dry" or "Fluff" setting (no heat) or hang to dry.
- Dimensions (laying flat):
- Sleeve length: 22.8"
- Shoulder width: 22.4"
- Width (armpit to armpit): 25.2"
Wanna chat about it?
Have questions about Japanese Kigurumi Cosplay Pajamas or your order? We monitor these comments daily, but it may be faster to email us directly or call us at 1-888-GEEKSTUFF.