SunArt Paper Kit
Create art with solar energy
- Light sensitive paper reacts to sun exposure
- Kit contains materials for 15 pieces of art
- You can even create art from old film negatives!
Creating art with the sun is easy-peasy! You just strip off your shirt, write something on your chest in sunscreen, and then go take a nap at high noon. When you awaken, you'll be burning hot and possibly peeling and blistering, but you'll have your message written clearly in whatever your natural skin color was before this great idea occurred to you.
Sounds painful? Why not grab a SunArt Paper Kit instead? SunArt uses the energy of the sun to create beautiful shadow print artwork. Simply select the items you'd like to use in your artwork, put them on the SunArt paper, cover them with the acrylic sheet, and expose them to the sun. In just a few minutes, the magic will happen. Rinse the sheet with cold water and you'll see your shadow print artwork. For more advanced artists, you can expose old film negatives to the sun for several hours and transfer them to a piece of SunArt paper!
- Recommended ages: 6+
- Use the energy of sun and water to create beautiful shadow print artwork
- Light sensitive SunArt paper reacts to sun exposure
- To create artwork:
- Select items (flowers, leaves, puzzle pieces, etc)
- Assemble in this order: stiff surface (cardboard), SunArt paper (blue side up), chosen items, acrylic sheet (holds objects down)
- Place your stack out in the sun for 1-3 minutes
- Wash SunArt paper in cold water for one minute to reveal art!
- Experiment with shorter and longer exposure times to play with color saturation
- Advanced: Expose old film negatives and create art prints (will take several hours of sun exposure but it's totally worth it!)
- Each kit contains 15 sheets of SunArt 4x6" paper, clear acrylic sheet, and instructions
- You provide: Work surface, items to create art, creativity
- Made in the USA
Wanna chat about it?
Have questions about SunArt Paper Kit or your order? We monitor these comments daily, but it may be faster to email us directly or call us at 1-888-GEEKSTUFF.