Pilatus Double Wall 8 oz. Glassware
Floating beverage, anyone?
- Set of two double wall 8-ounce glasses
- Made of Science-grade borosilicate glass
- Holds beverage temperature longer than a regular glass
On the surface, these glasses are cool because they make it look like your beverage is floating in mid-air. Delve a little deeper and you'll notice that the double-walled glass holds beverage temperature longer. It also prevents condensation and will save your coffee table. That's enough to impress the normals on your gifting list.
But we're geeks, we're not going to stop there! This mouth-blown borosilicate glass, the same stuff traditionally used to make scientific lab glass. It's stronger than traditional glass because it substitutes boron oxide for the soda and lime in lesser glassware. Because boron particles are so small, the glass is stronger. Get nerdier, you say? Okay! Glassware made with borosilicate glass has very low coefficient of thermal expansion (~3 × 10−6 /°C at 20°C. What does this mean for the average bear? It means they're resistant to temperature swings and scratches. They won't get cloudy when you put them in the dishwasher. And they look hella sexy.
Bodum Pilatus Double Wall 8 oz. Glassware
- Set of two 8-ounce double wall drinking glasses
- Two-layer construction resists heat and prevent condensation
- Made of borosilicate glass, like scientific lab equipment
- Exceptionally strong, but very lightweight
- Keep hot drinks warmer and cold drinks cooler
- Note: Each glass is mouth-blown, so there may be minor differences in height, thickness, and weight
- Love your glasses: Avoid using metal spoons in them or smooshing them into an overcrowded dishwasher.
- Dishwasher and microwave safe - woohoo!
Wanna chat about it?
Have questions about Pilatus Double Wall 8 oz. Glassware or your order? We monitor these comments daily, but it may be faster to email us directly or call us at 1-888-GEEKSTUFF.