U-Socket USB Wallplug
Everything's USB Powered Anyway, right?
- Replaces your existing wall outlets with one including two extra USB charging ports
- Supplies up to 2.1 Amps through each USB Port!
- Made for US 110v only households only
Look around you. Chances are pretty good there are at least half a dozen things within arm's reach of you that are plugged into a power outlet. Your laptop, your tablet computer, your phone... even that awesome pair of wireless headphones need to be charged. Everything gets plugged in, though some of the smaller devices have charging interfaces that double for data ports.
Your cellphone, for instance, probably recharges over USB. The manufacturer was kind enough to give you a wall-outlet dongle that converts the 110 volts coming out of your wall outlet into 5 volts of USB power. That's fine, but you'll either lose an outlet with that adapter, or you'll misplace the dongle, and you'll have to plug into your computer, and that's not always convenient.
So some enterprising engineers at Fastmac realized how easy it would be to just build the transformers right into the wall outlets! Put 2 USB ports in the wall plate next to the 110 volt sockets, and you've doubled the versatility of your power line. We just happened to get a hold of a handful of these outlets, and brought them to you because, well, we think they're pretty awesome.
Note that you need to use your considerable brains to install these outlets. Please learn everything you can about replacing wall outlets before even thinking about performing this kind of electrical work. Electricity is dangerous, and you could electrocute yourself, set the house on fire, or ruin your sensitive electronics if you do something wrong. This is srs bznz, so don't cut corners. Tell you what, just do yourself a favor and watch this video. It'll only take a minute. We'll wait.
Once you've followed the instructions, you should be able to enjoy some USB power coming right out of your wall. It's the future, man.
- Input voltage: AC 100 to 125V 50/60Hz
- Output voltage: USB: DC 5.0V 2100mA (2.1 amps)
- Operation temperature: 0 to 35 Degrees Celsius (32 to 95 Degrees Fahrenheit)
- Guaranteed to charge all mobile phones that accept USB power, including iPhone 4!
- 100% Safety Certified, meets all UL standards
- Approved by NEC (National Electric Code) in all of North America
- Made and manufactured in the USA
Wanna chat about it?
Have questions about U-Socket USB Wallplug or your order? We monitor these comments daily, but it may be faster to email us directly or call us at 1-888-GEEKSTUFF.