The Big Bubble Thing
Giant bubbles, double rainbows, miracles
- The original, award-winning Bubble Thing
- Won the Guinness World Record in 1988
- Make ginormous bubbles up to 50 feet long
The world looks beautiful, the world looks so damn beautiful. And it's because of fantastic bubbles. Bubbles and the miracle of the double rainbow. One thing you might not realize about bubbles is that the soap in bubble solution actually decreases water's surface tension. Soap stabilizes bubbles, helping to selectively strengthen the weakest parts of the bubble and lengthen its life. This is called the Marangoni effect, which sounds like the name of a delicious Italian dish, perhaps involving pancetta.
The Big Bubble Thing is the original invention that won the World's Biggest Bubble award in the 1988 Guinness Book of World Records. It's a deviously simple device: a fabric loop attached to a wand, but it makes miracles. And by miracles, we mean giant bubbles. And by giant we mean, 30-50 feet long. Blowing bubbles is an awesome outdoor activity for those times you need to kick the geeklings out of the house to get some fresh air and Vitamin D. Ooh, and if you live somewhere really really cold (5 F or lower), you can send us pictures of your ginormous FROZEN bubbles. It doesn't get quite that cold here at ThinkGeek World Domination HQ.
- For ages 6-106. Not recommended for folks who enjoy drinking soap
- WARNING: Small Parts - Not for children under 3 years of age
- Make huuuuuuuuuuuuge bubbles with this special bubble wand
- Created the World's Biggest Bubble in 1988 - 50 feet long!
- Don't be fooled by imitations - this is the real Bubble Thing
- Comes with directions and bubble solution recipe
Wanna chat about it?
Have questions about The Big Bubble Thing or your order? We monitor these comments daily, but it may be faster to email us directly or call us at 1-888-GEEKSTUFF.