A Game of Thrones Board Game: 2nd Edition
Win... or die
- An improved version of the Game of Thrones board game
- Streamlined rules, integrated expansions, and more good stuff
- Backstab your friends in Westeros!
- Read more...
Win... or die
The monkeys here at ThinkGeek are HUGE fans of George R.R. Martin's epic fantasy book series A Song of Ice and Fire. Like everyone else, we are super excited about the next book and the HBO series. Sadly, it always seems that we're waiting for the next book (or TV season). We are chomping at the bit to get back into Westeros. Luckily, A Game of Thrones the board game is here to help with pain.
Take control of one of the great houses - Lannister, Stark, Baratheon, Tyrell or Greyjoy - in the struggle for control of the Iron Throne. Each house vies for dominance through diplomacy, resource management, and cunning. Each player controls their army while gathering resources to survive the oncoming winter. A Game of Thrones features a unique phase mechanic and ordering system to keep all players involved at all times.
The second edition of the game features a clarified ruleset (thanks be to the old gods and the new!). It also integrates some of the expansion material that you had to purchase separately to use in the first edition of the game. Also new are the Tides of Battle cards, which bring an element of unpredictability to combat. These cards represent things like weather, morale, tactical opportunities.. anything that might upset the balance of power in a battle. And if GRRM is about anything, it's about killing off the person you thought was going to survive.
- Set in George R. R. Martin's A Song of Ice and Fire universe
- 2nd edition features clarified rules, integrated expansions, and new innovations
- Number of players: 3-6 (best with 6!)
- Playing Time: 180 minutes
- Suggested ages: 14 and up
- Skills required: negotiation, battle strategy, resource management & murderous intent
Wanna chat about A Game of Thrones Board Game: 2nd Edition ?
Have questions about A Game of Thrones Board Game: 2nd Edition or your order? We monitor these comments daily, but it may be faster to email us directly or call us at 1-888-GEEKSTUFF.