Botanicalls DIY Plant Twitter Kit
Internet-Enable your Houseplant
- Your houseplants can tweet you when they're thirsty
- Perhaps you won't kill your plants if they can tweet?
- DIY kit includes all parts, you supply tools
There’s a school of thought that says that plants, like higher animals, have thoughts and feelings. They have an inner voice, and can tell you their life-stories, if only you could speak "plant." It’s not a difficult language to learn, actually - there are only a few words to contend with, since all they seem to care about is how much water they’re getting. There are no masculine or feminine nouns. Plus, there are no verb tenses, because plants have no concept of linear time.
The original breakthrough was made just a few months ago when the chief scientist at CERN, attempting to converse with a patch of catnip translated through their Milliard Gargantubrain computer, was able to discern "I CAN HAZ TWITTER?" The scientist didn’t quite understand that gibberish, but his granddaughter did, and the Plant Twitter Kit was born.
Once the kit is assembled, connect it to the Internet through the built-in ethernet jack, jam the leads into the plant’s soil, and subscribe to the plant’s twitter feed. It will tell you when it needs watering, or scold you if you’ve overwatered it, and report its status in between. The DIY Plant Twitter Kit comes unassembled, so you’ll have to break out the soldering iron and get to work. Don’t worry, it’s not that difficult to put together, and the satisfaction you get from building your own translation circuit is huge.
- Do-It-Yourself Kit includes everything you need to understand what your plant is saying
- Connects to Twitter over the Internet to report its watering status
- Some soldering skill is recommended but not required
- You’ll also need a soldering iron, solder, needle-nose pliers, small snips, masking tape and a flat-head screwdriver
Wanna chat about it?
Have questions about Botanicalls DIY Plant Twitter Kit or your order? We monitor these comments daily, but it may be faster to email us directly or call us at 1-888-GEEKSTUFF.