Exothermic Crystallization Reusable Hand Warmers
see more action
- A simple chemical reaction is all it takes
- Choose red heart, blue square, green rectangle, or yellow star
- Reusable because cold isn't a one-time thing
- Read more...
These hand warmers come in a variety of colors and shapes: blue squares, green rectangles, red hearts, and yellow stars, much like the marshmallows in one of our favorite cereals. But unlike marshmallows, these are not for internal use. Also unlike marshmallows, they are self-activating, so you can have your warm on-the-go. And they're reusable. We're glad marshmallows aren't reusable.
The magic of these hand warmers is in the metal disc you see inside it. All you do is click the disc back and forth a few times and you'll see the clearish gel inside become opaque. As the opaqueness spreads, so does the heat! It's a crazy chemical reaction which we like to call AWESOME! Seriously, the gel is a supersaturated solution. Bending the disc starts an exothermic crystallization of the gel (i.e. it goes opaque and gets hot). And when it loses its warmth, all you have to do is wrap it in a towel and place it into boiling water for about 5 minutes and it resets itself (the crystals completely liquefy). Once it cools off from its boiling bath, it is ready to be used again. A great, fun way to keep your fingers warm this winter. They work great in pockets but just don't sit on them.
- Self-activating! Take a few along to warm you when you get cold
- Use them again and again, all season long
- Assortment of 42 includes 11 Stars, 11 Hearts, 10 Rectangles & 10 Squares. WHY? It's the Answer to The Ultimate Question of Life, the Universe, and Everything.
- Dimensions: All are approximately 3 1/2" x 3 1/2" except the green rectangle, which is 2" x 3 1/2"
- Active agents: Sodium Acetate (basically baking soda and vinegar)
- Resets to liquid state after approximately 5 minutes in boiling water.
- Caution: When boiling, either wrap in a wash cloth or stir constantly. Do not allow to remain in contact with the bottom of the pan as this can damage the product
- WARNING! DO NOT PLACE IN MICROWAVE.
Wanna chat about Exothermic Crystallization Reusable Hand Warmers?
Have questions about Exothermic Crystallization Reusable Hand Warmers or your order? We monitor these comments daily, but it may be faster to email us directly or call us at 1-888-GEEKSTUFF.