Optimus Maximus Keyboard
Fabled Optimus Maximus Keyboard has Arrived
- Features 113 OLED screens - one for each key
- Each key can be individually programmed
- Limitless possibilities for customization
Yep. Time to take a second mortgage on your home or break into your kid's college fund. With the singing of angels and a ray of sunlight parting the clouds, the fabled Optimus Maximus Keyboard has descended from Russian design studio Art Lebedev like an orgasm of geekiness. As you should know by now this amazing keyboard features a tiny screen on each key... that's 113 screens in all. What can you do with these tiny screens, you ask? Well, each key can change its image dynamically depending on what you're doing.
Hold down SHIFT and all keys go uppercase. Run Photoshop and you can set it so each hotkey has an image representing its function. Set a key to monitor your CPU usage or display what iTunes track you are currently playing. You can make a key into a tiny clock with moving hands and play animated gif files or even quicktime movies. Of course all this futuristic technology is going to cost you a pretty penny... but we figure you'll just expense the Optimus and tout its "incredible increased efficiency when using PowerPoint hotkeys" in your expense report summary.
- Revolutionary Keyboard Features a tiny OLED screen on each key. 113 screens total.
- Each key can be individually programmed to perform a series of functions, open an application or run an Applescript (Mac only)
- Various System Monitor functions can dynamically display on a key including CPU usage, CPU temperature, Network Speed, and Memory Usage
- Play a GIF animation or Quicktime movie on a Key
- Paint images across all keys at once in your image editor of choice
- Key sets can be linked to an application, so whenever you open that app the appropriate keys come up
- Powerful layer function allows you to combine existing key sets in different ways
- Use any language with the appropriate key images including Cyrillic, Ancient Greek, Georgian, Arabic, Quenya, and Hiragana.
- Display notes, numerals, special symbols, HTML codes, math functions or any other special symbol.
- Any key (or to be exact, a unit consisting of a cap, a microchip and a display) can be easily removed by hands to be cleaned or replaced
- Built in USB hub
- SD Card Slot for Storing keyboard Settings
- PC with installed OS Windows XP, Vista, or 7, with a USB 1.1 (or better 2.0) port; Mac OS X 10.5.1 or higher.
- At least 20 MB of free space on hard drive.
- At least 256 MB of RAM.
- Keyboard Dimensions: Length 537 mm, Width 173 mm, Height 38 mm
- Key Dimensions: 20.2 x 20.2 mm
- Display Dimensions: 10.1 x 10.1 mm viewable area on each key
- Display Resolution: 48 x 48 pixels per key
- Frame Rate: 10 FPS
- Color Depth: 65,536 Colors
- Viewing Angle: 160 degrees
Wanna chat about it?
Have questions about Optimus Maximus Keyboard or your order? We monitor these comments daily, but it may be faster to email us directly or call us at 1-888-GEEKSTUFF.