Build Your Own Leather Charm Bracelet and Charm Beads
- Modern update to the typical European-style charm bracelet (Bracelet and Beads sold separately)
- Triple-wrap leather charm bracelet doubles as a single-strand necklace
- Fits all European-style beads sold on ThinkGeek
To see all our charm beads, click here.
We're a fan of dual-purpose here at ThinkGeek. Why carry two things when you could carry one that does both jobs? Hammers that are bottle openers. Axes that are crow bars. But we don't restrict ourselves to tools. We take this approach with all our products. For example, this long, woven leather bracelet wraps around your wrist to offer three times the real estate for beads. Or, if you'd rather, you can choose to wear it as a 24 3/4" necklace. Two pieces of jewelry in one.
We knew we wanted to add a leather bracelet to our jewelry mix, but it took us a few months to find the perfect one which fits every single one of ThinkGeek's European-style beads. We checked. Twice. The lobster clasp is actually dual-sided and removable for ease of adding beads. If you go for the d20 clip, it functions as a stopper bead on this bracelet, which is an added bonus.
Not that you'd want to, mind you, but you could. The mathematical potential is there. So let's tell you a little about each of them:
- 8-Bit Heart Bead - 8-bit heart charm bead in sterling-silver-covered pewter. 13mm along the bracelet, 4.75mm hole.
- Bacon Bead - Bacon photo charm bead in sterling-silver-covered pewter. 12mm along the bracelet, 4.5mm hole.
- Bling Mushroom Bead - A ThinkGeek Exclusive! A super-sparkly, sterling silver mushroom with pavé green and clear crystals on the cap. 14mm along the bracelet, 5mm hole.
- Camera Bead - A classically-styled camera with a tiny rhinestone that adds sparkle to the "lens". Silver-plated pewter. 10mm along the bracelet, 4.5mm hole.
- Celtic Knot Bead - A pretty little spacer that lets you express your love of Celtic design or woven things. Silver-plated pewter. 5mm along the bracelet, 4.5mm hole.
- Claddagh Bead - Three of the iconic Irish symbol (hands, heart, and crown) encircle this bead, all pointing the same direction, so you can still turn it toward you or away from you as appropriate. Silver-plated pewter. 9mm along the bracelet, 4.5mm hole.
- d20 Clip - A ThinkGeek Exclusive! Tiny replica of a d20 with numbers engraved on each side. Hollow, sterling silver bead clips around the bracelet; with larger-diameter bracelets functions as a stopper bead. 10mm along the bracelet, 4mm hole.
- DIY Nut Bead - It's a nut for repair nuts. From our friends at Ohm. Sterling Silver. 4.75mm hole.
- DIY Screw Bead - Phillips-head screw bent to wrap around your bracelet. From our friends at Ohm. Sterling Silver. 4.75mm hole.
- Doctor Who Blue TARDIS Dangle Charm - 3D enamel TARDIS charm hangs from bail. Total dangle 29mm, 9mm wide, 6mm along the bracelet, 4.75mm hole.
- Doctor Who Silver TARDIS Bead - A ThinkGeek Exclusive! Tiny TARDIS in all silver. Zinc alloy core with high-polish, nickel-free plating. 4.5mm hole.
- Doctor Who Weeping Angel Charm - 3D weeping angel hangs
from a bail which reads "Don't blink." Total dangle 32mm, 7mm wide,
angel is 16mm wide, 4mm along the bracelet, 4.75mm hole.
- Firefly Serenity Bead - A ThinkGeek Exclusive! Serenity with yellow enamel on the Firefly drive and blue-green rhinestones for the nacelles. Zinc alloy with rhodium plating. 4.5mm hole.
- Knight Bead - Tiny but fierce. Sterling silver knight bust wields shield and sword. From our friends at Ohm. 10mm along the bracelet, 4.75mm hole.
- Latte (He)art - For lovers of coffee. A solid sterling silver cup of latte with concentric hearts traced in the foam. From our friends at Ohm. 13mm along the bracelet, 4.75mm hole.
- My Computer Bead - A happy computer that many of us remember fondly. Sterling silver set with a single green crystal where the branding would be and a tiny slot for disks. Even has the ports etched on the back. From our friends at Ohm. 12mm along the bracelet, 4.75mm hole.
- Portal Companion Cube Bead - A ThinkGeek Exclusive! An officially-licensed Portal product! The tiniest Companion Cube EVAR. Sterling-silver with pink enamel hearts and a rhodium coating to prevent tarnishing. 9mm along the bracelet, 5mm hole.
- Screen Burn Bead - Deep, dark sparkle you're not likely to find elsewhere. A laboratory-created opal rondelle glitters with midnight blues and Matrix greens. Core is sterling silver. 6mm along the bracelet, 5mm hole.
- Space Lampwork Bead - A ThinkGeek Exclusive! Black lampwork glass with blue dichroic flecks to mimic stars, which is appropriate since dichroic glass was developed by NASA for use in the space program. Core is sterling silver. 9mm along the bracelet, 4.5 mm hole.
- Steampunk Gears Bead - Shiny and black cogs interlaced, as if it's been pulled from the heart of some machine. Sterling silver. From our friends at Ohm. 4.75mm hole.
- Super Mom Bead - An iconic shape for a Super Mom. Sterling silver insignia has an oversized M on one side and the words "Super Mom" and a heart on the reverse. From our friends at Ohm. 11mm along the bracelet, 4.75mm hole.
- T. Rex Bead - Tiny, carnivorous dinosaur skull rendered entirely in silver. From our friends at Ohm.16mm along the bracelet, 4.75mm hole.
- Timmy Charm - A ThinkGeek Exclusive! ThinkGeek Timmy in solid sterling silver. Front has Timmy's features; back is convex and undecorated. Timmy measures 16mm ear to ear and 14mm crown to chin. Total length from top of holder 24mm. Charm holder measures 2mm along the bracelet, 4.75mm hole.
- Unicorn Tears Bead - Pastel sparkle you're not likely to find elsewhere. A laboratory-created opal rondelle glitters with cotton candy pink and lavender mist, just like real unicorn tears. Core is sterling silver. 6mm along the bracelet, 5mm hole.
- Union Jack Bead - Anglophiles unite! Funky cyan and blazing red enamel lines cover this sterling silver bead, mimicing the flag of the United Kingdom. 8mm along the bracelet, 5 mm hole.
- Winged Unicorn - Call it a pegacorn, a unipeg, an alicorn, or just Princess Celestia. Silver-plated pewter. 9mm along the bracelet, 4.5mm hole.
- Wizarding Hat Bead - The sort of hat a young wizard might wear in a banquet hall. Sterling silver floppy, pointed, brimmed hat. From our friends at Ohm. 14mm along the bracelet, 4.75mm hole.
Bracelets and most charms come in small, glossy black jewelry boxes, suitable for gifting. The boxes are lined with tarnish-resistant cotton to keep your jewelry shiny longer when not in use.
- A modern update to the typical European-style charm bracelet
- Triple-wrap leather charm bracelet doubles as a single-strand necklace
- Materials: leather, double-sided clasp is silver-plated pewter
- Capacity: 7-9 beads (see below)
- Note: Leather stretches. We recommend you do not put heavy beads on this bracelet. After a few months if the leather stretches so that it no longer works as a triple-wrap on you, add another bead to take up the excess slack or wear it as a necklace.
- Dimensions: 24 3/4" long, widest diameter 3.49mm
- Double-sided lobster clasp removes from bracelet entirely if so desired for ease of adding beads and charms
- Weight: 1/4 oz.
- Clean stains with a damp towel and leather conditioner
- Contains small parts. Not for children under 3.
For our customers with nickel allergies: the Bling Mushroom Bead, Celtic Knot Bead, d20 Clip, DIY Nut Bead, DIY Screw Bead, Firefly Serenity Bead, Knight Bead, Latte (He)art, My Computer Bead, Portal Companion Cube Bead, Screen Burn Bead, Steampunk Gears Bead, Super Mom Bead, T. Rex Bead, Timmy Charm, Unicorn Tears Bead, Winged Unicorn Bead, and Wizarding Hat Bead are either nickel-free or have rhodium coatings. The Space Bead contains nickel, but the metal part doesn't touch your skin. All other pieces have small amounts of nickel, low enough to meet the guidelines set forth in EU Nickel Directive 94/27/EC.
Wanna chat about it?
Have questions about Build Your Own Leather Charm Bracelet and Charm Beads or your order? We monitor these comments daily, but it may be faster to email us directly or call us at 1-888-GEEKSTUFF.