10th Doctor Sonic Screwdriver Exclusive Programmable TV Remote
see more action
TV with Tennant
- Control your TV like the 10th Doctor
- Gesture-based universal remote control
- CNC machined lightweight aerospace aluminum metal, polycarbonate, acrylic and ABS parts
- Read more...
TV with Tennant
When our friends at The Wand Company wanted to make a TV remote based on David Tennant's sonic screwdriver, they did something cool: they called him up. And then he did something cooler: he lent them his screen-used prop so they could 3D scan it and make it into a remote control for all Whovians to enjoy.
What does this timey wimey device do? Just about everything, except it doesn't have a setting for wood. (Sorry.) Designed to be lightweight, just like the real prop, so that it can be carried in a pocket with ease. It's a gesture-based, fully-functioning, programmable infrared remote control. Yes, you can whip out a sonic screwdriver to control your home electronic equipment!
The guided setup will talk you through the process of teaching your sonic the signals it needs to control your TV, DVD, etc. The advanced gesture recognition technology recognizes 13 gestures in each of the three memory banks (that's 39 codes total!). The slider pad allows for smooth extending motion, just like the real sonic and the blue light illuminates when its in use. Did we mention it can play sound effects from the Doctor Who universe? That too!
- Control your Earth-based electronics with this timey wimey device
- 3D scanned from David Tennant's screen-used sonic
- Fully functioning programmable infrared remote control
- Gesture-based remote uses IR to control entertainment systems
- Up to 39 remote control codes can be stored in the Sonic Screwdriver
- Guided setup teaches you how to use the sonic with spoken prompts
- Four modes:
- Practice mode: Learn your gestures
- Control mode: Control your electronics
- Quiet Control mode: Control your electronics, quietly
- FX Mode: 13 authentic special FX sounds from the Doctor Who universe
- Bright illuminating tip lights up and pulses when in standby
- Personal lock code lets you keep the power all to yourself
- Materials: CNC machined lightweight aerospace aluminum metal, polycarbonate, acrylic and ABS parts
- Power: Rechargeable battery (comes with a microUSB charging cable)
- Compatibility: Virtually all home entertainment systems
- In the box, you'll find:
- Sonic Screwdriver Universal Remote Control
- Die cast metal stand with Gallifreyan text inscription
- Full color, illustrated instruction manual
- Sonic screwdriver dimensions: 6.1" - 7.48" long (retracted - extended)
Doctor Who logo © BBC 2012. Licensed by BBC WW Ltd
Wanna chat about 10th Doctor Sonic Screwdriver Exclusive Programmable TV Remote?
Have questions about 10th Doctor Sonic Screwdriver Exclusive Programmable TV Remote or your order? We monitor these comments daily, but it may be faster to email us directly or call us at 1-888-GEEKSTUFF.