"Pip-Boy Deluxe" Sweepstakes | Official Rules
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING.
OFFERED ONLY TO LEGAL RESIDENTS OF THE 50 UNITED STATES AND THE DISTRICT OF COLUMBIA ("U.S."), 13 YEARS OR OLDER AT TIME OF ENTRY AND ACCESSING THE SITE IN THE U.S. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED OR RESTRICTED BY LAW.
- PROMOTION. ThinkGeek will randomly be giving away a Pip-Boy Deluxe Bluetooth® Edition (the "Prize") to one of our lucky fans/customers (the "Promotion"). We will randomly draw a winner from all entry submissions received at the Bethesda Softworks and ThinkGeek booths during regular hours at PAX West between September 2, 2016 and September 5, 2016 ("Promotion Period").
- WHO'S ELIGIBLE? This Promotion is open to legal U.S. residents 13 years of age and older at the time of entry. Employees, officers and directors of ThinkGeek ("Sponsor") or Bethesda Softworks or their respective parent companies, affiliates and the immediate family members (spouses and parents, children and siblings and their spouses, regardless of where they live) or members of the same households (whether related or not) of such employees, officers and directors are not eligible. For the avoidance of doubt, and its corporate affiliates, including its parent company, ZeniMax Media, Inc., and their respective employees, officers, directors and representatives are not co-sponsors of the Promotion. All applicable federal, state, and local rules apply. Void where prohibited or restricted by law.
- HOW DO I ENTER? WHAT ARE THE ENTRY REQUIREMENTS? During the Promotion Period, you may enter in person by submitting your name, email address and country of residence at the Bethesda Softworks or ThinkGeek booths at PAX West. At the expiration of the Promotion Period, all entries received will be entered and one winner randomly selected as the winner of the Promotion. There is a limit of one (1) entry per eligible person during the Promotion Period. If multiple entries are received, only the first entry will be accepted and additional entries will be disqualified. Multiple participants are not permitted to share the same email address. Any attempt by you to obtain more than one (1) entry by using multiple/different email addresses, identities, registrations or logins, or any other methods may void your entries and you may be disqualified from the Promotion. Any use of robotic, repetitive, automatic, programmed or similar entry methods or agents (including, but not limited to, sweepstakes entry services) will void all entries by you. In the event of a dispute as to any online entry, the authorized account holder of the email address used to enter will be deemed to be the entrant. The "authorized account holder" is the natural person assigned an email address by an Internet access provider, online service provider or other organization responsible for assigning email addresses for the domain associated with the submitted address. Winners may be required to show proof of being the authorized account holders and may be required to provide mailing addresses to receive the Prize. Winners may be required to show proof of being the authorized account holders and may be required to provide mailing addresses to receive the Prize.
- HOW WILL THE WINNERS BE SELECTED? One winner from the Promotion Period will be selected in a random drawing no later than September 20, 2016. The winner will be contacted by email and also announced at thinkgeek.com/pip-boy-contest. Sponsor is not responsible for notifications that are misdirected or not received due to incorrect information. If the Sponsor, after reasonable effort, is unable to contact the potential winner within 10 business days from the first notification attempt, the potential winner may be disqualified and an alternate winner may be selected. Inability to contact a winner, the return of any prize notification as undeliverable, or the failure to return required documents within the time period specified will result in the prize being forfeited. The decision with respect to the winner and other matters pertaining to the Promotion shall be final.
- PRIZES; PRIZE CONDITIONS. The Prize as described above has an approximate retail value of US$350. The Prize will be shipped to the winner once the Prize is available; the current estimate ship date is December 15, 2016. The Prize is "AS IS" and without WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, express or implied (including without limitation, any implied warranty of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose). Acceptance, participation in and/or use of the Prize is at the winner's sole risk. Sponsors are not responsible for any damages whatsoever, including special, indirect or consequential damages, arising out of or in connection with the use and/or misuse of any such Prize. No prize transfer or cash redemption. No prize substitution, in whole or in part. Limit one prize per person.
- WHAT ARE MY ODDS? The Sponsors will be giving away one (1) Prize. Your odds of winning are determined by the number of eligible entries received during the Promotion Period.
- WHAT IF I CHANGE MY MIND? To opt out of the Promotion at any time after entry, you should e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line "Promotion Opt-Out."
- DON'T FORGET TO READ THE FINE PRINT! Taxes on prizes and all expenses related to acceptance and use of prizes and not specified are the sole responsibility of the winner. By participating in this Promotion, entrants agree as follows:
- Conditions of Entry. Entry materials that have been tampered with or altered are void. If, in the Sponsor's opinion, there is any suspected or actual evidence of electronic or non-electronic tampering with any portion of the Promotion, or if computer virus, bugs, unauthorized intervention, fraud, or technical difficulties or failures compromise or corrupt or affect the administration, integrity, security, fairness, or proper conduct of the Promotion, the Sponsor reserves the right at its sole discretion to disqualify any individual who tampers with the entry process and void any entries submitted fraudulently, to modify or suspend the Promotion, or to terminate the Promotion and conduct a random drawing to award the prizes using all eligible, non-suspect entries received as of the termination date. Should the Promotion be terminated prior to the stated expiration date, notice will be posted on the Site. CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT BY YOU TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE THE SITE OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE PROMOTION MAY BE IN VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS AND SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK REMEDIES AND DAMAGES (INCLUDING ATTORNEY'S FEES) FROM YOU TO THE FULLEST EXTENT OF THE LAW, INCLUDING CRIMINAL PROSECUTION.
- Limitation of Liability. Entrants agree to release, discharge and hold harmless, and agree not to sue Sponsor, Bethesda Softworks LLC, or their respective corporate affiliates, and their respective employees, officers, directors and representatives, from or in connection with any and all injuries, liability, losses and damages of any kind to any person or property resulting from their participation in the Promotion or their acceptance, use or misuse of prize including, without limitation, personal injury, death and property damage. Sponsor, Bethesda Softworks LLC, and their respective corporate affiliates, and representatives and the officers, directors and employees of each are not responsible for and shall not be liable for (i) electronic, hardware or software program, network, Internet or computer malfunctions, failures, damages, or difficulties of any kind, including without limitation, server malfunction or by any human error which may occur in the processing of entries; (ii) failed, incomplete, garbled or delayed computer transmissions; (iii) late, lost, misdirected or incomplete entries; or (iv) any condition caused by events beyond the control of the Sponsor or Bethesda Softworks LLC that may cause the promotion to be disrupted or corrupted.
- Governing Law. This Promotion is governed by the laws of the Commonwealth of Virginia. You agree that the exclusive venue for any dispute arising hereunder shall be the federal court located in Alexandria, Virginia, or state courts located in Fairfax, Virginia, and you waive any objection to personal jurisdiction or venue in any forum. ANY CLAIMS, JUDGMENTS AND/OR AWARDS SHALL BE LIMITED TO ACTUAL OUT-OF-POCKET COSTS ASSOCIATED WITH ENTERING THIS PROMOTION. YOU (AND YOUR PARENTS OR LEGAL GUARDIANS IF YOU ARE A MINOR) HEREBY WAIVE ANY RIGHTS OR CLAIMS TO ATTORNEY'S FEES, INDIRECT, SPECIAL, PUNITIVE, INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES OF ENTRANT, WHETHER FORESEEABLE OR NOT AND WHETHER BASED ON NEGLIGENCE OR OTHERWISE.
- WHO WON? Beginning on or around September 20, 2016, you may obtain the name of the winner by sending us a self-addressed, stamped postcard to Sponsor's address below to the attention of "Pip-Boy Deluxe Sweepstakes." Requests must be received by October 30, 2016. Or you may visit the Promotion site at thinkgeek.com/pip-boy-contest.
Sponsor: Geeknet, Inc., more commonly referred to as ThinkGeek • 11216 Waples Mill Road, Suite 103 • Fairfax, VA 22030 • © 2016 ThinkGeek. All rights reserved.