Shipping with ThinkGeek
Our current shipping status:
In-stock orders normally ship within 1-2 business days.
General Shipping Information
We won't charge your credit card until your order is shipped. In-stock orders normally ship within 1-2 business days unless otherwise noted. However, if an item is marked "This item ships separately" or during times of heavy order volume (especially November and December), orders normally ship within 3-5 business days of when they were placed. Generally, all items on backorder or out of stock are marked as such on the site. All shipping transit times quoted are business days (Monday-Friday), not calendar days.
For most domestic orders, you can choose between UPS Ground, 2 Day, and Next Day deliveries. If your order ships via UPS you will receive an e-mail with a tracking number when your order ships. You will also be able to view your order status and tracking numbers in your account order history. If your order contains only stickers or small light items, then you may also have the option to ship your order via USPS First Class Mail, which does not offer package tracking information.
Detailed Shipping Information
- Processing time
- Transit Time
- Shipping multiple orders
- Shipping to multiple locations
- Address changes
Domestic (US) Shipping
- DHL and UPS Express
- International Economy Shipping
- Customs Fees
- Shipping to a Hotel
- Country not listed on the drop down?
Tracking: An email with tracking information will be sent once an order has been shipped (with most carriers). If you carrier allows for package tracking, you can also track your package on your Account.
Tracking is not available on:
- International Economy
- PO Boxes
- Priority Shipping (to APOs)
Shipping to Multiple Locations: Unfortunately, we cannot split up an order and ship to multiple locations. If you wish to send items to different locations, you will need to place a separate order for each shipping address.
Rates: It depends on what you are ordering, how much you are ordering, and where it is shipping. You can determine the cost of shipping your order by adding the items you want to the shopping cart and entering your zip code or country in the Shipping Estimator on the cart page. You can also get the shipping cost during checkout - you will need to fill out your shipping address in order to view the shipping options and cost.
Address Changes: Unfortunately, we cannot change the shipping address on an order after it has been placed. If you have entered your shipping address incorrectly, please call us at 1-888-GEEKSTUFF to have your order canceled.
Domestic (US) Shipping
- Economy Shipping: Is available for the contiguous United States. Economy Shipping calculates the most cost efficient way to get your package to your shipping address. Delivery using this method can take anywhere from 5-10 days. Economy shipping often starts out with UPS delivering the package to your local post office. The post office will be responsible for the delivery of your package.
- UPS Ground, UPS 3 Day, UPS 2 Day, and UPS Next Day are available.
PO Box: If your order weighs less than 70 pounds we should be able to send your order through the United States Postal Service. This shipping method does not include tracking. We cannot ship to PO Boxes outside of the Contiguous (lower) 48 states. We are not responsible for delays or mis-shipments when a P.O. Box address is used.
- UPS 2 Day and UPS Next Day are considered Expedited shipping. Orders must be placed before 1pm Eastern Time Monday-Thursday to receive expedited delivery in the time frame specified; and only if items are in stock. Expedited delivery orders received after 1pm Eastern Time or on Friday/Saturday/Sunday normally ship the next business day.
- Next Day Air Saturday delivery may also be available for US shipping addresses. This option is only available between 3pm Eastern on Thursdays and noon Eastern on Fridays and when chosen, your order should arrive on the Saturday after you place your order. Some orders may be subject to verification of billing/shipping information, and may be delayed because of this.
- During times of heavy order volume, especially November and December, expedited shipments may take up to 3-5 business days to process and ship, and shipping dates cannot be guaranteed, so please plan accordingly. We will post estimated processing times on the checkout page.
International Economy: For orders to Canada, The United Kingdom, Germany, and Australia (more countries coming soon!) in addition to express shipping via DHL and UPS, we offer Economy Shipping via local postal agencies. International Economy Shipping is available for smaller, lighter orders -- less than approximately 4 pounds and totaling less than $100. Orders shipped using Economy Shipping may take up to 1-3 weeks for delivery and tracking is not available. Please note that orders shipped via Economy shipping cannot be rerouted after shipment.
- Customs fees (taxes, duties, processing fees, brokerages fees, etc.) may be charged upon delivery and required to obtain your order.
- These fees are NOT included in your shipping charges.
- We are not able to mark orders as "gifts" because we are a retail store.
- We do not issue any refunds for customs fees, shipping, or the cost of your order should you refuse to pay the customs fees.
- ThinkGeek has no way of estimating customs fees, taxes, duties, etc. so please do not ask us to do so - we don't have this information. Please contact your local customs office if you need to know more.
Country not listed? We have chosen not to ship to some countries for a variety of reasons (our carriers do not deliver there, we have products that cannot be easily shipped to these countries or we have had a high rate of fraudulent orders coming from these countries). We appreciate your interest in ThinkGeek, and we would like to apologize for any inconvenience this may cause.
We are able to ship most of our products to U.S. Military APO/FPO addresses. Some products cannot be shipped to APO/FPO addresses and those are marked on the product detail page with an Export Restriction notice. This notice reads "We cannot ship this item outside of the U.S."
Unfortunately, we cannot supply tracking numbers for shipments to APO/FPO addresses. We send all shipments to APO/FPO addresses using the U.S. Postal Service.
When completing your Shipping Address during checkout, please make note of the following.
- The City must be entered as either "APO" or "FPO"
- The State must be selected as either "AA" "AE" or "AP"
- You must enter your Zip code
- Always remember to enter your full name, grade, and PSC or unit number
Please note: orders shipped to an APO/FPO address do take longer to be delivered. Please allow 2-4 weeks for your package to arrive.
Most food and drink products are not allowed to be shipped outside of the United States. Every country's import and customs laws vary, so you will have to check with your local customs office before ordering to make sure you will be able to import your goodies. Many countries consider caffeine a controlled substance, so we're unable to export our caffeinated products at this time (customs would confiscate your whole order, and we don't want that).
Any items that cannot be shipped internationally will have a shipping restriction listed on the product page.
Hotels: We do not ship to hotels, motels, and/or inns.
Why isn't my country on your ship to list?
We have chosen not to ship to some countries for a variety of reasons (our carriers do not deliver there, we have products that cannot be easily shipped to these countries or we have had a high rate of fraudulent orders coming from these countries). We appreciate your interest in ThinkGeek, and we would like to apologize for any inconvenience this may cause.