NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN.
A PURCHASE WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING.
OFFERED ONLY TO LEGAL RESIDENTS OF THE 50 UNITED STATES AND THE DISTRICT OF COLUMBIA (“U.S.”), AGED 18 YEARS OR OLDER. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED.
- WHAT’S GOING ON? Her Universe (“HU”) and ThinkGeek (“TG”) (collectively, the “Sponsors”) want you to “go boldly where no one has gone before” and submit your most creative and cool STAR TREK® t-shirt designs. Note that Star Trek titles/characters which may be submitted for this contest are: Star Trek (original television series cast); Star Trek: The Next Generation; Star Trek: Deep Space Nine; Star Trek: Voyager; Star Trek: Enterprise; and any of the motion pictures featuring the original TOS cast or TNG cast. You may NOT use any likenesses of any actors who appear in the 2009 Star Trek motion picture or its upcoming sequel. If you submit the winning design, you will not only win five hundred dollars ($500) but your design will also be printed on t-shirts by HU and then sold online by HU and TG for all the world to see!
- WHO’S ELIGIBLE? Open to legal U.S. residents 18 years of age and older. Employees, officers and directors of CBS Consumer Products, HU and TG, each of its parent company, affiliates and the immediate family members (spouses and parents, children and siblings and their spouses, regardless of where they live) or members of the same households (whether related or not) of such employees, officers and directors are not eligible. All applicable federal, state, and local rules apply. Void in Puerto Rico and where prohibited or restricted by law.
- HOW DO I ENTER? The Contest begins on Monday, September 30, 2013 at 12:00 AM EST and ends on October 14, 2013 at 11:59 PM EST (the “Contest Period”). To enter the Contest, visit: www.thinkgeek.com/contests/her-universe (the “Website”) and submit an entry. Entry designs must be submitted via email to firstname.lastname@example.org as a PDF or JPG file not to exceed 5MB in size. Individuals may submit up to three (3) designs and must submit each design separately. Entry information becomes property of Sponsors. By entering, you acknowledge, agree and understand to be bound by these Official Rules and the final decision of the Sponsor and that the winning design will become the exclusive property of CBS Consumer Products, which retains exclusive rights to the reproduction of the design and the submitting participant relinquishes all rights to such design. You must also acknowledge that each entry design is: (a) wholly original; (b) does not incorporate or include any material that would require the consent of any third party other than the Star Trek trademarks; and (c) does not violate any copyright, trademark, publicity right, privacy right, or any other right of any third party. Submissions including offensive language, imagery or themes will be excluded from competition. All graphics should be designed for a single-sided, centered screen-printed placement.
- HOW WILL THE WINNING DESIGN BE SELECTED? On or around October 18, 2013, a panel of three (3) judges – one from each of CBS Consumer Products, HU and TG – shall review and score all complete and eligible entries. The entries will be scored based on the following criteria: (a) Originality: 33%, (b) Creativity: 33% and (c) Humor: 33%. In the event of a tie, the final finalist will be determined by the highest score from amongst the tied entries in “Creativity.”
- WHAT ARE MY ODDS? Your odds of winning will be determined by the number of eligible entries received during the Entry Period. No prize transfer or cash redemption. No prize substitution, in whole or in part. Limit one prize per person. The winner will be notified by telephone, email or mail, at Sponsor’s discretion. Inability to contact a potential winner, the return of any prize notification as undeliverable, or the failure to return required documents within the time period specified will result in the prize being forfeited.
- WHAT IF I CHANGE MY MIND? To opt out of the contest at any time after entry, you should e-mail email@example.com with the subject line “Contest Opt-Out”.
DON’T FORGET TO READ THE FINE PRINT!
Taxes on prizes and all expenses related to acceptance and use of prizes and not specified are the sole responsibility of the winners. By participating, entrants agree:
- These rules and the decisions of Sponsor, shall be final in all respects relating to this Contest;
- To release, discharge and hold harmless, and agree not to sue, Sponsor from or in connection with any and all injuries, liability, losses and damages of any kind to any person or property resulting from their participation in the Contest or their acceptance, use or misuse of prize including, without limitation, personal injury, death and property damage;
- By participating, you: (a) assign or agree to assign CBS Consumer Products all right, title and interest in and to the Entry and the Design that is incorporated into the Entry, including CBS Consumer Products’ right to modify, amend or otherwise change the Entry, and you agree to execute any documents necessary to effect assignment of the Entry to CBS Consumer Products, all throughout the universe for any purpose, without limitation, and without additional review, compensation, or approval from you or any other party; (b) forever waive any rights of copyrights, trademark rights, privacy rights, and any other legal or moral rights that may preclude CBS Consumer Products’ use of your Entry, or require any further permission for CBS Consumer Products to use the Entry; and (c) agree not to instigate, support, maintain, or authorize any action, claim, or lawsuit against CBS Consumer Products on the grounds that any use of the Entry, or any derivative works, infringes any of your rights as creator of the Entry, including, without limitation, copyrights, trademark rights, and moral rights.
- If a winner, to permit Sponsor to use his or her name, photograph, likeness, statements, biographical information, voice, voice likeness, city and state address, and the photograph and/or video of entrant’s room for advertising, publicity and promotional purposes in all media, including but not limited to on-air and within www.startrek.com, www.heruniverse.com and www.thinkgeek.com, in perpetuity, without compensation (unless prohibited by law) and agree to execute specific consent to such use upon request.
- Sponsor, its respective affiliates, and representatives and the officers, directors and employees of each are not responsible for and shall not be liable for (i) electronic, hardware or software program, network, Internet or computer malfunctions, failures, damages, or difficulties of any kind, including without limitation, server malfunction or by any human error which may occur in the processing of entries; (ii) failed, incomplete, garbled or delayed computer transmissions; (iii) late, lost, misdirected or incomplete entries or postage-due mail; or (iv) any condition caused by events beyond the control of the Sponsor that may cause the promotion to be disrupted or corrupted.
- Sponsor reserves the right to modify, cancel or suspend the Contest or any portion thereof should virus, bugs or other causes beyond the control of Sponsor corrupt the administration, security or proper play of the promotion, in which case prize will be awarded via a random drawing from among all eligible entries received prior to cancellation, and the entry information becomes the property of Sponsor.
- Entries may not be made by any other individual or any entity, and/or originating at any other Internet website or e-mail address, including but not limited to commercial Contest subscription notification and/or entering service sites. Any winner who enters by any of the methods described above will be disqualified and an alternate winner selected. Use of any device to automate entry is prohibited.
- Sponsor reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any entry at any time in the event it is determined that the entrant has not complied with these Official Rules. Sponsors reserves the right in its sole discretion to cancel the Contest in its entirety if an insufficient number of qualified entries (as determined by Sponsors) is received.
- This Contest is governed by the laws of the State of New York, with jurisdiction and venue in New York, New York, and all claims must be resolved in the courts of New York, New York. Each Entrant agrees to service of process by mail or other method acceptable under the laws of the State of New York. ANY CLAIMS, JUDGMENTS AND/OR AWARDS SHALL BE LIMITED TO ACTUAL OUT-OF-POCKET COSTS ASSOCIATED WITH ENTERING THIS CONTEST. ENTRANT HEREBY WAIVES ANY RIGHTS OR CLAIMS TO ATTORNEY’S FEES, INDIRECT, SPECIAL, PUNITIVE, INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES OF ENTRANT, WHETHER FORESEEABLE OR NOT AND WHETHER BASED ON NEGLIGENCE OR OTHERWISE.
- WHO WON? For a list of winners, mail a self-addressed, stamped envelope to be received by October 29, 2013 to: STAR TREK® T-shirt Design Contest Winner List, 11216 Waples Mill Road, Suite 100, Fairfax, VA 22030.
Her Universe ● 545 West 45th St, 10th Fl ● New York, NY 10036
ThinkGeek, Inc. ● 11216 Waples Mill Road, Suite 100 ● Fairfax, VA 22030
© 2013 GeekNet, Inc. All rights reserved.