QUEST FOR THE GEEKIEST CAMPUS – OFFICIAL RULES
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN.
A PURCHASE WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING.
OFFERED ONLY TO LEGAL RESIDENTS OF THE 50 UNITED STATES AND THE DISTRICTOF COLUMBIA (“U.S.”), AGES 18 YEARS OR OLDER. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED.
Visit our website at www.thinkgeek.com/contests/geekiest-campus for official rules, to submit your Entry and to see the winning Geekiest Campus and the winning individual Entry.
- WHAT’S GOING ON? ThinkGeek is on a quest to find the geekiest school (the “Contest”). If you believe your school has got more geek cred and reigns supreme in the geek arena over all the others, then let us know. If we agree, then ThinkGeek’s monkeys will come to your school and throw a trivia party so your school can display its mettle at a trivia night with even more loot to be had. Of course, if your school is selected based on your Entry, then you will win also a $250 gift certificate to ThinkGeek.com. That’s right. Prove your school is the geekiest, and if we crown your school as the top geek school based on your submission, then not only does your school win, but you win as well.
- WHO’S ELIGIBLE? Open to legal U.S. residents 18 years of age and older. Employees, officers and directors of ThinkGeek, its parent company, affiliates and the immediate family members (spouses and parents, children and siblings and their spouses, regardless of where they live) or members of the same households (whether related or not) of such employees, officers and directors are not eligible. All applicable federal, state, and local rules apply. Void in Puerto Rico and where prohibited or restricted by law.
- WHEN’S IT START? The Contest begins on February 14, 2014 (because we heart you) at 12:00AM EST and ends on March 14, 2014 (aka Pi Day) at 11:59 PM EST (the “Contest Period”).
- HOW DO I ENTER? To enter the Contest, visit: www.thinkgeek.com/contests/geekiest-campus (the “Website”) and submit an Entry. An “Entry” shall be either (A) a statement of no more than 200 words describing the geek culture at your school and/or (B) up to three (3) photos depicting the geek culture at your school. Only one (1) Entry per person will be considered.
- HOW WILL THE TOP GEEK SCHOOL BE SELECTED? On or around March 17, 2014 (aka Leprechaun’s Day), the Geek School Supreme will be announced based on a review of all complete and eligible Entries. The Entries will be evaluated based on the following criteria: (a) the quantity of Entries each school receives: 50%, and (b) the quality of the Entries: 50%. Once the Geek School Supreme is determined, then the Entries for the winning school will be scored based on the following criteria: (a) Originality: 33%, (b) Creativity: 33% and (c) Humor: 33%, to determine the individual prize.
- WHAT CAN I WIN? The winning school wins a trivia night to be scheduled before year’s end with additional schwag (ARV $2,500). The individual winner receives a $250 gift card to ThinkGeek.com. Inability to contact a potential winner, the return of any prize notification as undeliverable, or the failure to return required documents within the time period specified will result in the prize being forfeited and an alternate winner being selected. Odds of winning a prize will be determined by the number of eligible Entries received during the Contest Period. No prize transfer or cash redemption. No prize substitution, in whole or in part, except by ThinkGeek due to prize unavailability, in which case a prize of comparable or greater value will be awarded. Limit one prize per person.
DON’T FORGET TO READ THE FINE PRINT! By submitting an Entry, you agree to the following:
- All photos, drawings, text, your name, likeness, biographical information, and any other content or information (collectively and severally called “Materials”) that you submit to ThinkGeek shall become the sole and exclusive property of ThinkGeek, and ThinkGeek shall have no obligation to preserve, return, post, display, or otherwise make publicly available to you or others any Materials. We may also use the Materials to send you information about offers and promotions at ThinkGeek.
- By submitting Materials to ThinkGeek, you represent and warrant that the Materials do not infringe on any copyright, trademark, property rights, rights of privacy or publicity of any person, or any other right of any third party and that you have the full and unrestricted right to transfer the Materials to ThinkGeek free and clear of any claims or encumbrances.
- ThinkGeek may use, reproduce, edit, display, transmit, prepare derivative works of, modify, publish, and otherwise make use of Materials in any and all media, whether now known or hereinafter created—throughout the world and for any purpose—without compensation to you of any kind.
- You acknowledge and agree that ThinkGeek may make Materials that you submit available for public viewing, rating, reviewing, and commenting. You acknowledge that comments or ratings that you disagree with or are unhappy about may be published or otherwise become associated with Materials that you submit to ThinkGeek. By submitting Materials to ThinkGeek, you waive any privacy expectations that you might have with respect to the Materials.
- You agree to hold ThinkGeek and its officers, directors, employees, agents, successors, and assigns harmless from and against—and hereby waive any right to pursue—any warranty, costs, damage, injury, or any other claims of any nature that arise in connection with and/or result from (i) your participation in the Contest, (ii) a winner’s acceptance, use or misuse of a prize ThinkGeek′s, or (iii) ThinkGeek’s use of the Materials submitted to ThinkGeek and used in any manner in ThinkGeek′s sole and absolute discretion.
- Winners may not request substitutions of prize winnings. All winners are solely responsible for any and all taxes and/or fees as well as all additional costs that may be incurred.
- ThinkGeek reserves the right in its sole and absolute discretion at any time to alter any Contest rules or terminate the Contest without prior notice.
- By entering this Contest, you conclusively are deemed to have agreed to be bound by these Official Rules as well as by any rules specific to this Contest. This is an irrevocable condition of entry.
- Contests are null and void in any jurisdiction where they are prohibited by law. This Contest is governed by the laws of the State of Virginia, with jurisdiction and venue in Fairfax County, Virginia, and all claims must be resolved in the courts of Fairfax County, Virginia. Each entrant agrees to service of process by mail or other method acceptable under the laws of the State of Virginia. ANY CLAIMS, JUDGMENTS AND/OR AWARDS SHALL BE LIMITED TO ACTUAL OUT-OF-POCKET COSTS ASSOCIATED WITH ENTERING THIS CONTEST. PARTICIPANT HEREBY WAIVES ANY RIGHTS OR CLAIMS TO ATTORNEY’S FEES, INDIRECT, SPECIAL, PUNITIVE, INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES OF ENTRANT, WHETHER FORESEEABLE OR NOT AND WHETHER BASED ON NEGLIGENCE OR OTHERWISE.
ThinkGeek, Inc. ● 11216 Waples Mill Road, Suite 100 ● Fairfax, VA 22030
© 2014 GeekNet, Inc. All rights reserved.