Giant Plush Microbes
Infectuously Cute Plush Microbes!
- Plush toys for people who love science.
- Great gag gift - "I gave you herpes!"
- Choose from many cells, diseases, and viruses.
Infectuously Cute Plush Microbes!
Most folks never realize how cute microbes can be when expanded 1,000,000 times and then fashioned into cuddly plush. Until now, that is. Keep one on your desktop to remind yourself that there is an "invisible" universe out there filled with very small things that can do incredible damage to much bigger things. Then go and wash your hands. Lather, rinse, repeat.
Your choice of (see additional images for pics of each):
- Beer Yeast (Saccharomyces cerevisiae)
Come and get it! This microbe is a baker, and a brewer -- and a scientist to boot. Pretty amazing! Learn about the secrets to its success.
- Blood Tube (Erythrocytes)
The life of the party, these 3 red blood cells will hold their breath until turning blue! Invite them to your next bash, and you'll have a bloody good time.
- BookWorm (Anobium punctatum)
Do you have a favorite bookworm? We do! And our book-lover is sure to interest just about any bibliophile.
- Botulism (Clostridium botulinum)
Latin for "sausage disease," Botulism can unquestionably bring out the wurst in people.
- Brain Cell (Neuron)
The more brain cells you have, the smarter you are.
- Brain-Eating Amoeba (Naegleria fowleri)
If you swim in fresh water pools, be smart or brain-eating amoeba could go to your head.
- Cancer (Malignant neoplasm)
Turn it inside out and it becomes a happy, healthy cell!
- Chicken Pox (Varicella-Zoster virus)
Don't be scared — a new vaccine is making chickenpox roadkill.
- Common Cold (Rhinovirus)
Billions of people a year catch the cold. Now you can get one too -- without getting sick! Learn all about the Common Cold with this cuddly companion.
- Crab Louse (Pthirus pubis)
Don't let these crabs louse up your life! Learn the facts before you get bitten.
- DNA (Deoxyribonucleic acid)
Deoxyribonucleic acid, or DNA, contains the genetic code that describes the physical characteristics of every known life form. Find out how it works and what you're made of.
- E. Coli (Escherichia coli)
Everyone's welcome at a barbecue. Or are they?
- Egg Cell (Human Ovum)
Our egg cell would love to be the newest member of your family -- or get donated to someone special!
- Flesh Eating Disease (Streptococcus pyogenes)
Caused by the same microbe responsible for strep-throats, Flesh Eating can put you on a diet -- fast.
- Flu (Orthomyxoviridae)
This guy may not look too tough, but don't let his cute looks fool you! Once he and his friends show up you're in for a pretty lousy time. Learn about his weaknesses so you can avoid unwanted encounters.
- Gonorrhea / The Clap (Neisseria gonorrhoeae)
One of the most common venereal diseases, Gonorrhea can be easily cured - or avoided. Know the risks.
- Herpes (Herpes Simplex Virus 2)
Breaking out is hard to do. Learn the facts.
- H.I.V. (Human Immunodeficiency Virus)
Not cute in any sense, This plush microbe seeks to educate those about the deadly virus that destroys CD4 or T-helper cells.
- Kissing Disease / Infectious Mononucleosis (Epstein-Barr Virus)
A kiss is just a kiss -- unless she's around! 95% of the population has encountered this sweetie pie. Just think of all the fun you can have giving Mono to somebody without all the medical complications!
- Leech (Hirudo medicinalis)
Leeches were once used by doctors to remove a patient's bad blood. Fortunately this sucker won't bleed you dry!
- Leprosy (Mycobacterium leprae)
Got your nose! No, really.
- MRSA (Multiple-Resistant Staphylococcus aureus)
So immune to antibiotics, it's got a cape!
- Muscle Cell (Myocyte)
If you want to get in shape, get off your gluteus maximus and work your muscles! Muscle cell expands and contracts like a real muscle!
- The Plague/ Black Death (Yersinia pestis)
Improved hygiene and readily available antibiotics keep this bad boy at bay. But what a history.
- Red Blood Cell (Erythrocyte)
The life of the party, his best trick is to hold his breath until he turns blue! Invite him to your next bash and he's sure show you a bloody good time.
- Sperm Cell (Spermatozoon)
Our little man's man is the stuff of legends. You can bank on it.
- Syphillis/The Pox (Treponema pallidum)
Don't let a pox end up on your house -- or anyone else's house. The more you know, the better for everyone's real estate.
- Waterbear (Hypsibius dujardini)
This smallest bear in the world can hibernate for decades before coming back to life!
- White Blood Cell (Leukocyte)
Don't let his cute looks fool you -- this highly trained killer takes out enemy cells with extreme prejudice. Learn how to stay on his good side.
- Zombie Virus (Pithovirus sibericum)
Even death won’t stop this virus from replicating! When lured out of Siberian frost with fresh amoeba, zombie viruses attacked the amoeba and bent them to their will!
Each 5-7 inch plush microbe comes with a instructional card that includes an actual picture of the microbe along with information about the microbe in its natural environment.
* Orders of 5 or more Plush Microbes do not accrue Geek Points.
Wanna chat about it?
Have questions about Giant Plush Microbes or your order? We monitor these comments daily, but it may be faster to email us directly or call us at 1-888-GEEKSTUFF.