Oh, May, you're such a crazy month. According to Lerner & Loewe's Guinevere, May is "lusty" (and we hear she would know these things). Also according to JoCo. The pools open. The schools let out. There's a lot of happiness and chaos in basically equal measure.
- May 1st - The Avengers: Age of Ultron. Except we imagine many of you will look tired May 1st from having seen it the night before.
- May 2nd - Free Comic Book Day! Get yourself down to your local comic book shop to partake.
- May 4th - May the 4th Be With You (aka Star Wars Day). Also, we're looking forward to seeing many of you for our Star Wars Geek Trivia Night at Jammin' Java in Vienna, VA!
- May 5th - Cinco de Mayo and Revenge of the 5th.
- May 6th - Eta Aquarids meteor shower (technically this lasts from the 5th through the 7th, but it's going to be best seen before dawn the 6th).
- May 10th - Mother's Day. Celebrate the woman who made you the geek you are today.
- May 15th - Mad Max: Fury Road. Two ticketholders enter, one ticketholder leave!
- May 19th - The Witcher III: Wild Hunt. (No loading screens?!)
- May 22nd - Tomorrowland.
- May 25th - Memorial Day and Geek Pride Day, on which we celebrate
- Towel Day, the day two weeks after Douglas Adams passed in 2001, when hoopy froods keep their towel handy
- The anniversary of the first Star Wars film, <em>Episode IV: A New Hope</em>, released on May 25, 1977
- Glorious 25 May, the day in Terry Pratchett's Discworld when wearing lilac and hard-boiled eggs (and raising awareness around Alzheimer's research) is appropriate
- May 26th - Magicka 2. (It would be wrong to wish for more Lovecraft references, right?)
- May 29th - 31st - Awesome Con in our own neighborhood!
And what are YOU looking forward to in May that we've missed? Or that we mentioned? We wanna know!