Happy 15th anniversabirthday to us!
1999. It's hard to believe we started all this craziness back in 1999. Back then, ThinkGeek was some folks running an ISP with a pile of t-shirts and an idea. And now? Less ISP. More t-shirts. Many, many more.
YOU KNOW, THIS IS ALL YOUR FAULT.
Without you, our awesome, geeky, passionate customers, ThinkGeek would not be possible. It is because of you that we exist. It is because of you that we come to work every day. It is because of you that we get to be full-time geeks. Thank YOU for that!
So today, we celebrate the geek in all of us!
What are you geeking out about right NOW?
Let us know! Tell us what your biggest passion is at the moment by tweeting using the hashtag #GeekOut and mention us @thinkgeek to be entered to win a mystery prize pack of EPIC proportions (seriously, you want this). Or, feel free to enter via the form below!
Your fellow geeks from San Diego Comic-Con will help get ya started:
And juuust in case you aren't familiar with the term, we asked our TG monkeys to explain "geek out" in their own words, and here's what they had to say:
- Finding a kindred spirit and having an enthusiastic conversation with them. Sharing a moment with complete strangers doing something you love.
- Being overly passionate about something.
- Thoroughly enjoying something without any reservations or fear that someone will judge you. And not caring if they do.
- Being super excited about something, to the point of being considered passionate about it.
- To "geek out" is to have an overwhelming excitement for something that you love or have dedicated yourself to. It could be a tv series, a comic book, even some people "geek out" over cars or sports.
- Anytime you have an uncontrollable amount of passion that it makes you wanna implode on yourself. But, instead of doing that you vomit up all of Geeklove in your brain in one split second. Only other geeks will be able to decode and appreciate your babble.
- Super excited about something and wanting share that excitement with others.
- Geek out to me means being totally into something you care about and don't care if anyone else is into to it or not... giving it your all no matter how you look doing it!
- When you "geek out" you go into a state of reverie about something where the world around you fades away and all that's left is your passion for this one thing, whatever that is.
- An uncontrollable excitement that is rarely paralleled and extremely difficult to explain. The topic that cause this reaction often harkens back to childhood.
- It's being passionate about an interest, so passionate that when you find someone else who feels the same... it's all you'll talk about, rave over and go "THAT WAS AWESOME!