UPDATE #2: So very sorry for the wait, all!! Unfortunately, due to many unforeseen circumstances, we had to cancel Mini-Con. Hopefully we'll be able to do this in the future, when we have more monkey-power for it. Presenters -- we'll be contacting soon regarding another opportunity, so stay tuned!
UPDATE! We're moving the Mini-Con to Saturday, August 10th. We apologize for the switch up, but it will give us more time to get our duckies in a row and we're still very much interested in hearing your ideas! Also, it'll be the 81st anniversary of Ole Kirk Christiansen founding the LEGO Company as a manufacturer of wooden toys. So there's that.
Come celebrate the glory of geekdom with us that Saturday by attending our one day ThinkGeek Mini-Con at Jammin Java on August 10 (formerly May 25). We've got activities planned for the event, but the main attraction will be YOU.
Mini-Con submissions are now open!
We are looking for geeks to come out and present us with your geekiest talent/skill/knowledge/superpower. Basically, it can be a 5 or 10 minute presentation or panel about almost anything. Some examples include:
- How to solve a Rubik's Cube
- The geekiest things to do in the DMV area
- Geeky cooking and kitchen hacks
- Internet Etiquette
- Geek stand-up, musical act, skit, etc.
- Your geek charity, organization, convention, web comic, awesome thing
- How to surf the internet without your boss catching you
- Cosplay tips
- Video game cheats
- Fandom debate panel (Which series is better?!)
- Etc., etc., etc.!
Seriously. We are open to EVERYTHING! To be considered for Mini-Con, all you need to do is fill out the submission form below. Please include as much detail as you can, so we have a better idea of what you'd like to share with the world. If you're presenting as a pair or group, please indicate that somewhere in the form and include the number of people. Only one person needs to fill out the form. The submission deadline is Sunday, June 16. We will notify those selected soon after, to allow you time to prepare for the day of glory and reckoning.
The Other Stuff:
- ThinkGeek Mini-Con is scheduled to take place at Jammin Java (map) on Saturday,
May 25 August 10 from 12pm to 4pm. Doors open at 11:30am.
- Tickets will go on sale at a later date. We'll let you know when they do!
- If you are a presenter, you will be given 2 free tickets for you and a +1.
- We recommend geeklings be 13 years or older to attend the event. All attendees must possess a ticket.