What're you doing on Pi Day? Reciting pi, baking pies, and eating lots of pie? That's cool, that's cool. How about changing it up this year and spending it with us?
On Thursday, March 14, we will be hosting our first ever Geek Trivia Night at Jammin' Java in Vienna, VA. We challenge teams of 6-8 to come out and compete against your fellow geeks for the title of Geek Trivia MASTERS! We've got some awesome prizes in store for the winners and will also be raffling off goodies in honor of Pi Day. What better way to celebrate this glorious day than with the ThinkGeek team and your companions?
So, you in? Good, because tickets go on sale next Wednesday, February 27, and we'll post the link up on our blog once they do. There is a limited amount, so prepare yourselves! You have a week to recruit and form your teams; choose wisely because we'll ask about almost anything. From science to Star Wars to what we ate for dinner last night. (Hint: It was delicious.)
- Geek Trivia Night will be held on Thursday, March 14, at Jammin' Java in Vienna, VA. The venue serves food and drink (purchased separately) for you to indulge on while participating in the trivia fun.
- Doors open at 7pm ET, with the festivities running on until 10:30pm. There will be 4 rounds of questions, 10 questions per round.
- Tickets are $10 each and go on sale Wednesday, February 27; they will be sold at a first come, first served basis. We recommend teams purchase their tickets together.
- If you're thinking about bringing your geekling, please be aware that everyone must have a ticket, including children. We suggest geeklings be age 13+ and/or huge trivia buffs.
- Teams must be composed of 6-8 people. We will be contacting the ticket purchasers later regarding your team name, members, and leader. If you have less than 6 but still want to play, we'll have a meet & greet at the beginning of the night for you to form friendships and alliances with other players. We can also match you up, but you must agree to leave your fate up to the almighty Timmy.
If you have any further questions, please feel free to ask us in the comments below.
Think you & your friends got what it takes? Come out and prove it on March 14!