Cthulhu Ski Mask for Halloween by Cherie Burbach
Are you semi-permanently attached to your needles or hooks? Do you find yourself charting the stitches in other people's sweaters while standing in line at the grocery store? Have you ever snuggled a ball of yarn and talked to it like it was an adorable baby animal?
Yes? Then join us at ThinkGeek for a Knit & Crochet Night on Friday, November 16th!
We only have space for 25 local-to-us geeks, so we're going to randomly choose attendees from the submission form below. You can bring a plus one along, but you have to note him or her when you sign up, and we would appreciate it if your guest was also yarn crafty. (We don't want anyone feeling left out, of course.)
To make things more exciting and generous, you'll be entered in our mystery prize raffle just for attending, but you can increase your odds with another raffle ticket for each new, handmade knit or crocheted item you bring with you. We'll donate your finished pieces--whether completed before the event or during--to Knitters and Crocheters Care, a local charity that will distribute our hats, scarves, blankets, shawls, sweaters, or socks to those in need in the Virginia, DC, and Maryland area.
- Knit & Crochet Night will be Friday November 16th, 2012 at ThinkGeek HQ at 11216 Waples Mill Rd, Suite 100, Fairfax VA 22030.
- Older-than-12 geeklings may attend, but they will be considered your one companion if they do.
- Doors will open at 5:45pm. Prepare to have your hand stamped and your email ticket checked.
- We'll provide fun and camaraderie all night, pizza and beverages at 6:30pm, and a raffle at the end of the night--but we aren't providing needles, hooks, or yarn.
- Bring your WIP (work-in-progress) and any FOs (finished objects) you'd like to show off (especially geeky ones!).
- Looking to destash? Bring in your unwanted yarn and we'll donate it to the charity stash at Nature's Yarns in Fairfax.
- We'll knit, crochet, nom, and chat until 8 pm, at which point you don't have to go home, but you can't stay here.
We're going to close the sign up form on Thursday, 11/8, (now closed!) and we'll get in touch with our 25 randomly chosen attendees via email by 6pm on Friday, 11/9. If you are selected, you must reply to the invitation by Tuesday, 11/13 to confirm; that will give us enough time to give your spot to another hopeful for the party on Friday.
So that's it.
Use the form below to sign up The form is now closed, and we'll be in touch if the randomizer has selected you for our ThinkGeek Knit & Crochet Night!