Leeloo's beckoning is innocuous...unless you're a Mangalore.
It's that time again, people!
It's been five months since we've had a movie night at ThinkGeek HQ. That's about four months too long. Our pizza cravings are starting to get out of hand and the projector screen is getting dusty. Also? We might have something that we need to give away:
What does this mean for you, geeky reader?
If you're local to ThinkGeek HQ in Fairfax VA, we need you! Specifically we need 40 geeky bipeds to converge upon our location on August 24th who are willing to eat pizza, watch The Fifth Element, and potentially win some raffled ThinkGeek loot. One of you will win an extremely 70s Foosball table complete with ashtrays, toothmarks on one of the knobs and three Foosball balls. It's charming. And heavy.
Are you up for it? Timmy definitely is!
Attendance and ticketing:
- Like last time, we can only have 40 geeks attend due to space and not-dying restrictions as we're doing everything indoors. Unlike last time, we will be picking 40 geeks randomly from the list of folks who enter. So it's anyone's game.
- Everyone who enters has the choice of listing a +1 to come along with them. If you want to bring a friend, partner or symbiotic organism, you must list them when you enter. If you want to bring more than one person along, the others in your party will have to enter for themselves.
- If you're one of the chosen 40, you will be emailed the equivalent of a ticket by August 15th. You will need to reply to this email by August 17th to confirm that you are coming AND you will have to print out the email and bring it with you when you come. This is very important. It's how we know that you're not a spy or a Cylon.
- Geeklings are welcome, but we'd prefer if they were 13 or older.
- If you're one of the 40 chosen and you have to cancel or cannot come, let us know ASAP by replying to your email-ticket so that we can pick another random geek to take your place.
Time, space, noms, and loot:
- Movie night will be held on Friday August 24, 2012
- ThinkGeek HQ is located at 11216 Waples Mill Rd, suite 100, Fairfax VA 22030. (Please note handy maps link!)
- Doors open at 5:30pm. Prepare to have your hand stamped, your ticket checked, and to be handed something random.
- Tours of ThinkGeek HQ will begin at 6:00 and The Fifth Element will start playing at 7:00pm.
- You will be automatically be entered into the raffle to win some ThinkGeek loot, which will, of course, contain at least one Tauntaun.
- If you want to enter for the Foosball table you will have to do so yourself and you must have a vehicle that is big enough to safely transport the somewhat huge table home, the bungee cords or twine to secure it and enough strength to haul it out. You also must take it home at the end of Movie Night. No layaways.
- There will be free pizza and fizzy beverages! Which will arrive at about 6:30 if we play our cards right. We will get a variety, including plain cheese, pepperoni, veggie, and something with bacon on it. If you want to bring your own noms, feel free, but please bring small single-portions of stuff and nothing that requires cooking, heating or trans-dimensional travel.
- We will begin the raffles directly after the movie ends. Whovians, Star Wars fans and Portal geeks, take heed!
The emails have been sent! Check your inbox to discover if you're invited, or on the wait list!
If there's anything we haven't covered, or if you have any questions, please let us know in the comments!
See you on the 24th (maybe)!