Dragon Timmy is very excited!
We weren't going to go to to the biggest multi-fandom convention on the east coast, we really weren't. So many conventions! Our tireless monkeys, well, they were tired. "Maybe next year!" we said "We'll simply live vicariously through everyone else again this year."
Timmy was having none of that. He has too many cosplay dreams to miss even one 'con, much less Dragon*Con. Before we could blink, we had tickets in our hands, caffeine in our cups, and excitement kindling in our hearts.
As with most of the bigger 'cons, our monkeys are going to be rogue agents for most of the convention. We'll be wandering around with costumed Timmy clones, ready to give out freebies and to snap pictures of you with Timmy. However, there is a very distinct rumor that our friends at QMx are going to be there, which means that we might be found hanging out with them on occasion. This is a good, because we're going to have this little beauty on hand to show off to all of you and you being able to find us (kinda) makes it that much easier.
Once we decide exactly which panels we really want to attend (the hardest part of any 'con), we'll post a rough schedule here, so watch this space. Also, keep an eye on our Twitter stream during the convention for schedule changes, contests and other useful information. 'Cause we're just sneaky enough to spring randomness on you like that.
Are you going to Dragon*Con? More importantly, are you cosplaying? Let us know in the comments! We'll look for you!
EDIT! For easier Dragon*Con stalk..er...seeking, we present you with the two ThinkGeek Monkeys attending: Steve and Alicia.
It's the monkey's fault. It's always the monkey's fault!
Bonus blurry outtake: Here.
ThinkGeek's Dragon*Con 2012 Meetup Schedule O' Doom
AUGUST 31st, Friday
- 11:30am, We'll be at: Bit of a Chat with Sylvester McCoy in the Sheridan Grand ballroom.
- 4:00pm, Find us at: Big Damn Heroes! Cast of Firefly - Westin P'tree Ballroom.
- 4:00pm, OR! (We like to throw curveballs. Catch!) We might be at The Guild -Q&A (DC*TV Rebroadcast) in the Sheridan Grand Ballroom.
SEPTEMBER 1st, Saturday
- 10:00am, Look for Timmy at the Dragon*Con Parade!
- 1:00pm, We'll be hanging about at: LOTR, A Wizard, A Dwarf, A Hobbit and An Elf, OH MY! At the Hyatt Centennial.
- 2:00pm, Come down to Artists Alley! We'll be at Mark DeSantos' booth across from the Fairy Quest booth and we'll be giving away freebies!
- 4:00pm, You may find one of us Meeting Bioware at the Hilton 209-211.
SEPTEMBER 2nd, Sunday (LAST DAY!)
- 10:00am, We might be at: Inside the actor's gaff with Sylvester McCoy - Sheridan Ballroom.
- 10:00Am, Or we might be at: Doctor Who: Props and Stories from Behind the Camera - Sheridan 2nd Floor. Roll the dice and look for us at both!
- 11:30am, Timmy will be at: FRED Entertainment Presents Yet Another Panel About Doctor Who - Westin Atlanta Ballroom.
- 1:00pm, We will be cooling our heels at: Big Damn Heroes! (DC*TV Rebroadcast) Firefly Cast - Westin P'tree Ballroom.
- 5:30pm, Get your Tauntaun! The Tauntaun sack race/pod race is where we'll be - Marriott A706. P.S. We miiiight be giving out a prize.
- 7:00pm, Time for Hobbit Drinking Songs! Marriott L401-L403.
- 8:30pm, Lastly, look for us at: Collecting Middle Earth - Marriott L401 - L403.
Have a great 'con, everyone!!