Jul
2012

ThinkGeek is going to see Spaceballs on Saturday 8/4!

Sing it, Yoda!

It's the 25th anniversary of Spaceballs!

You know what this means, right?

We're going to go see Spaceballs and we want you to come, local geeks!

The details:

We're planning on going and trying not to recite all of the lines aloud along with the characters, why don't you come and stalk join us?

EDIT!

There's going to be a raffle! You'll automatically be entered when you hand in your ticket, so everyone who comes will have a chance to win a pre-release copy of Spaceballs on Blu-ray OR a Force FX Lightsaber. Shiny!

We might also be handing out tiny, edible door prizes as well. You'll have to make the Ssshzt and Woosh noises on your own, though.

Comments

meaningless icon! I'd join you for sure, but it is a tad far away from Florida for walking distance.
Reikon said this 630 days ago.
meaningless icon! @Reikon Yeah, that's a tad far. Too bad we don't have teleporters yet. :/
Raevyn W. said this 630 days ago.
meaningless icon! Well I'll continue to purchase from Thinkgeek. Then hopefully that money can aid in development of such wonderful technologies.
Reikon said this 630 days ago.
meaningless icon! Spaceballs is one of my favorite movies, but Maryland is a bit too far from Indiana. :/
Christia said this 630 days ago.
meaningless icon! I live in Silver Spring, so figured I'd pitch in my two cents on food. Lots of great dinner options in downtown Silver Spring if you're looking to nom before or after the film. The Usual Suspects: Chipotle, Panera, Red Lobster, Macaroni Grill, Potbelly Sandwich Shop, Fuddruckers, Moby Dick's, Lebanese Taverna, Noodles & Company, Subway... Eggspectation: Mostly egg dishes. Good for people who like breakfast all day. :-) zpizza: Not your average pizza place. Has options for vegans and gluten-free. There's also Piratz Tavern, a bit further from AFI. It's a pirate themed bar & grill place. A warning: service there tends to be slow, so if you're eating there before the show, get there really early.
E. Foley said this 630 days ago.
meaningless icon! Since I live in Europe, the theatre is a bit too far away. Oh, well... I'll join you by watching the DVD I have. :-) Do I still have to pay for the tickets? ;-)
Wim ten Brink said this 630 days ago.
meaningless icon! Blast it all. So many of the cool things happen on Saturdays that I have to work. I'm still smarting from missing Serenity. There are some good things about working in retail, but working Saturdays is not one of them. Maaaybe I can try and finagle an earlier shift, how long would it take to get from Clarendon to Silver Spring? (Probably driving.)
toniwbusch said this 630 days ago.
meaningless icon! Yaarrgh!!! I love spaceballs but I live in Seattle. Let the schwartz be with you!
quawesomeness said this 629 days ago.
meaningless icon! A tad far away? How far exactly is a "tad"? (Different movie, but equally awesome. Can you name it?!)
madmanmat said this 629 days ago.
meaningless icon! Well, the trip from CO would be a bit tough but I'll make sure we're watching it with you on DVD at our house. So, we'll be there is spirit.
markbarz said this 627 days ago.
meaningless icon! Reciting the lines during the movie is half the fun guys!
Geeknightout said this 625 days ago.
meaningless icon! Science darn it! That is a twenty hour drive for me. Maybe I can make it next time.
LordKittens said this 624 days ago.
meaningless icon! Got my tickets this morning! I even convinced a friend who has never seen the film to go! Can't wait to see the film again tomorrow. Well worth the trip from Virginia side :)
Photon Burst said this 621 days ago.
meaningless icon! Can I bring my "Spaceballs - The Flamethrower?" probably not. SIGH. Oh Well! I'll be there anyway!!
CatieKitten said this 620 days ago.

Post a Comment in Reply To ThinkGeek is going to see Spaceballs on Saturday 8/4!