She can kill you with her brain...and those swords.
A day-long Whedonesque extravaganza? Sign us up!
Can't Stop the Serenity is a notoriously awesome browncoat charity powerhouse, so when they asked if we'd sponsor a charitable Whedonesque event involving Doctor Horrible, browncoat cosplay and Serenity? Of COURSE we said yes!
We're not just sponsoring the event, however. We're going to this event. Lots of us. We want YOU to come, too!
The juicy details:
- Can't Stop the Serenity is happening at the Arlington Drafthouse on Saturday July 21st, and you can get directions here.
- The Schedule and details of the event are here. Doors open at 12 noon, and all of the events should end by about 5pm-6pm. So you'll still have time for Saturday evening carousing afterwards.
- YOU MUST BUY TICKETS! (For the Saturday showing, it's the second one listed!) They're going fast, so if you wanna come, click this handy link and buy yours now! They're only $10!
- Your ticket sales are going to several awesome charities, Equality now, Kids Need to Read, and Tahirih Justice Center.
- There will be a bunch of ThinkGeek monkeys there, so come hang out with us! We won't be giving out freebies, but we've contributed some SHINY loot to the charitable auction!
You know you wanna come. So hurry and get your tickets! Oogling awesome cosplay and making witty comment about our favorite shows is far less fun without a group of like-minded geeks to hang out with!
See you all there! (We're excited already!)