We need to find homes for these before any of the others hatch.
The story behind these crazy old eMacs is a long one that may or may not involve an alien queen (or our holiday temps). Regardless, these eMacs have got to go. It's been months, and they have a tendency to loom. We'd like to keep them out of landfills and we know that there are some of you out there that can find a good use for them. So we decided...
It's time for a movie night.
What you need to do: Be one of the first 40 local geeks to enter for a ticket. Be willing and able to munch on free pizza, watch Ferris Bueller's Day Off without audibly reciting the lines along with the actors, and have the space in your car for one of our 33 eMacs.
The details, broken down:
- There can be only 40. Sad but true. Since this whole affair will take place inside, we really can only fit 40 of you in here.
- The first 40 people who enter via the form below will be emailed the equivalent of a ticket. Save this email and print it out to bring with you. This is very important. It's how we can make sure you're not a spy or a Cylon.
- Everyone who is invited can bring exactly one other person with them. Any more than two people in your party and they will have to enter for themselves.
- Geeklings are welcome! However they will count as your +1 if they are coming.
- If you are one of the first 40 and have to cancel or cannot come for any reason, let us know ASAP! Reply to the email-ticket we send you so that we can contact the next person in the list to take your place.
Time, Space, and Noms:
- Movie night will be held on Friday April 27, 2012.
- ThinkGeek HQ is located at 11216 Waples Mill Rd, suite 100, Fairfax VA 22030. (Please note handy maps link!)
- Doors will open at 5:30pm. Prepare to have your hand stamped, your email ticket checked and to enter your name in for raffled prizes which will definitely include at least one Tauntaun.
- You may also be handed a mystery prize just for showing up. Ooo!
- The adoption of the eMacs will begin around 5:30 or so, along with tours of ThinkGeek HQ. Be prepared to haul one of our 33 alien eggs to your car/chariot/shuttlepod.
- There will be pizza! We will get a variety, including plain cheese, pepperoni, sausage (Abe Froman's favorite!) and veggie. There will also be an assortment of beverages, both fizzy and not. The pizza should show up at around 6:30pm if we play our cards right.
- Ferris Bueller's Day Off will start playing at 7:00pm.
- We will begin the raffle directly after the movie ends. Whovians, Star Wars fans, and Portal geeks might want to remember to enter their name in at the door.
That's it everybody! We've got plenty of entrants and cannot accept any more!
If you are one of the 40 chosen, we'll email you within the next day or so. If you are not one of the 40 that we email, do not lose hope! You're still in the running if someone cancels!
See you on the 27th!