Calling all craftbots, costumatics, and cosplayiticians!
Timmy's ready to refresh his Comic-Con wardrobe in time for San Diego in late July, so we're looking to recruit creative stitchers, knitters, and hookers (of the crochet sort, thank you) for Timmy's Volunteer Costuming Corps.
We started this project last summer and we cannot adequately thank the volunteers that made our current collection possible. No, really, it was the best thing ever getting them in the mail last summer, and they've served us very, very well all year. Timmy is definitely the best-dressed monkey on the internet, and yes, internet, we did just go there.
Think you've got the time and skillz to add to Timmy's trunk? Check out our costume wishlist below, peruse his existing collection on Flickr, and sign up below to volunteer!
We would covet these costumes:
- Fourth Doctor (scarf!), 10th Doctor, or fez (for existing 11th Doctor costume)
- Stormtrooper, Vader, Tusken Raider, Boba Fett, Lando, R2, Chewie, or Jawa (we have a Yoda and Jedi)
- Mal (we have two Kaylees already)
- Wheatley or Turret (we have a Chell jumpsuit, Portal gun, companion cube, and cake already)
- Moogle or Cactuar
- Mario, Luigi, Shy Guy, Princess Peach, or Bowser
- The Stig
- Matter Eater Lad, Captain Marvel, Green Lantern, Flash
- Link (with shield, sword, ocarina)
- Harry Potter
- Sheldon (with soft kitty?)
- Nibbler (antimatter poop NOT optional; already have Zapp)
- Black Knight (with removable arms)
- Sonic or Tails
- Samurai, Ninja, or Pirate (yes, we have a zombie)
- Moss (from IT Crowd, in case that's not clear)
- Indiana Jones (with bullwhip)
- Yuri Gagarin
- Wil Wheaton (clown sweater? can this be done!?)
- Gandalf or Gollum (we have a Frodo)
- Trogdor or Strongbad
- Marty McFly (with hoverboard!)
- Big Daddy
- Mega Man
- Buster (we have an Adam, Jamie, and segway; open to Kari, Grant, and Tori as well)
Of course, we welcome your ideas and suggestions, but some of the above just should happen--like Vader. We need a Darth Timmy.
If you sign up below, we'll be in touch via email to confirm your costume pick to ensure maximum cosplay efficiency (so 10 people aren't working on the same costume at the same time). And we only have a few Timmy clones on hand this year to share for sizing purposes, but we will ship those out to those who might need them most; measurements are below for everyone else.
"Wait!" you cry. "I need more detailed information on this monkey costume project!" Can one ever really know enough about monkey costumes? We think not, but we'll try.
What are Timmy's measurements?
Height: 8"; Chest (all the way around): 9"; Neck (all the way around): 8"; Arm (shoulder to end of hand): 3.5"; Shoulder to wrist: 2"; Tips of fingers to fingers across shoulders: 10"; Inseam: 2"; Outseam (hip to bottom of foot): 3.5"; Head (where a hat would fit): 8"; Height (tip of head to bottom of foot): 7.5"; Tail length: 5"; Width of face across nose: 2"; Width of feet (so you can get pants on over them): 1.75"; Neck to hip (for shirts): 3". Pretty sure that's every conceivable measurement, but let us know if we missed one you need!
What's my deadline?
Timmy will depart Fairfax, Virginia on July 20, and he'll need a few days to get his affairs in order. Thus the deadline for your costume to arrive at ThinkGeek HQ is July 15th.
Where do I ship my marvellous creation?
Please address your costume to: Timmy's Volunteer Costuming Corps ThinkGeek, 11216 Waples Mill Road, Suite 100, Fairfax, VA 22030
Can I work on one this year if I made one last year?
OF COURSE. This is not a contest; our love (and Timmy's warddrobe) is infinite.
Where will Timmy wear my work?
Timmy will bring his favorites to SDCC this July (and they're going in a carry on this year to make sure they arrive!), and we'll put them on display in our conference room. (That's the clone army pictured above.) We'll use them throughout the year for various events, and of course they'll be on display on Flickr forever and ever, with credit, so that others may bask in their warm, geeky glow.
So that should be it. If you have questions or feel like we didn't outline this project sufficiently, please comment below and we'll update with the necessary information.
Can't wait to see what you guys come up with this year! We'll try to control ourselves, but the mailman will be most displeased with our squees.