We've been running a geeky pumpkin template carving for the past two weeks, and we're reaching a critical mass of excellent submissions.
Not only do we intend to carve our pumpkins with our favorites, but we're hoping you'll find one or two you'd like to try out. If you're puzzled by any of the thumbnails below, hovering over the image might help explain, xkcd-style. And our favorites from last year are still available, too.
If you've got a great idea for a template,
there's still time to enter: you have until midnight ET on Tuesday 10/26 to pitch your idea into the ring, and here's the submission form. We'll announce our winners on 10/29 after we've had a chance to carve our pumpkins.
UPDATE 10/27: Submissions have closed and we're looking forward to disemboweling our pumpkins tomorrow!
- 1st place, $131 ThinkGeek gift certificate + Zombie Cookie Jar
- 2nd place, $31 ThinkGeek gift certificate + Dismember Me Plush Zombie
- 3rd place, $31 ThinkGeek gift certificate
- Superlatives, who will get recognition and something pumpkin-y TBD.
More Halloweenery resources
- Our video-game and super-geek assortment of costumes for kids and adult-kids
- Instructables' bizarre and awesome DIY costumes, snacks, and general spookiness
- Halloween costumes for procrastinators
45 57 of the the best pumpkin templates
UPDATED 10/27 12:00pm ET: Just added 2 more for a total of 57!