If you made an order in the last two weeks, it might have taken longer than usual to arrive. Generally our shipping monkeys get your goodies moving so quickly that it's hard for us to edit orders minutes after they've been made.
We're really sorry for the delays--we weren't taking a very long nap, promise. And no, Timmy hadn't singled you out to punish you for that one time you didn't restart before calling IT.
It was far more exciting that: we upgraded to a new, awesomer warehouse.
It was a massive undertaking and required lots of trucks driving from New Jersey to Ohio and buckets of codemonkey blood, sweat, and tears (all delicious, by the way). And we're really, really excited about what this means for you.
Some of the improvements you will see in the coming months:
- More shipping options, which should make our international customers very happy.
- Gift wrap (using our geeky designs) to help robots with busted finger servos still make a good impression at parties.
- Longer shipping periods up through the holidays for the procrastinators out there.
- Boxes with Timmy on the outside. Timmy! On the box!
- A more central location just outside Columbus, Ohio, so our New Jersey customers--where the old warehouse was located--will no longer hog the best shipping from our west coast friends.
- ROBOTS. A robotic system will make smarty-pants decisions about what to do with your goodies as your boxes shunt from stock, to sorting, to where they'll get picked up for delivery. It's kind of amazing and the video helps explain what we mean:
Don't worry--we promise to keep this technology in check to help delay our eventual takeover by Skynet.